Will/Did You Change Your Regi when You Reached Your Goal?

syncerelyhis

I was wondering this because if and when I reach HL, I probably will not do much protective styling. I will want to wear it flat ironed a lot more.

Will/Did you do you change you regi when you meet/met your ultimate goal?
What changes did you make?
How did it effect the health of your hair?

BostonMaria

OP, Congrats on reaching MBL!

To answer one of your questions:

Will/Did you do you change you regi when you meet/met your ultimate goal?
I am really hoping that my regimen will be A LOT simpler than it is now. I change my regimen every few months and I'm always trying this or that.

I haven't reached my goal of tailbone length (BTW my goal was supposed to be BSL but I have hair anorexia) and I will continue to do protective styles. I would be too afraid of losing all my length so I will just keep working hard.

that_1_grrrl

I hope to change it. I will probably wear more protective styles because it'll be easier for me to wear buns and braids.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I wont change it much cause I dont care to do my hair much. Lots of ponytails..... I will get it rollersetted more often maybe once a month, at the moment it every 4 months and ppl on see my length every 4 months.

Kacie

I won't change my regi too much either. I don't care for wearing my hair down and straight too often. I get too OCDish if a strand is sticking up. I'm probably going to do more curly rollersets and ponytails like Ms. B said.

I came from a low damaged place and I intend to do all I can not to go back.

msa

My whole point of finding a regimen now is so that I can keep from here on out. I want to have the same simple regimen forever. I'll probably just experiment more with different styles.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I think once my Hair reaches a Healthy State, My Regimen probably won't be as Intensive/Extensive as it is now. And I can see things changing up a bit. At least, that's what I am hoping.:ohwell:

Right now though, it's in Critical Condition and ICU must be Cared For that way.:look:

It's in Total Babying Mode.

Ronnieaj

I don't know. Part of me thinks I may have to do more work to prevent tangles. Hopefully it'll be the same as now, only with a combo of protective styling and wearing out (versus the all protective styling all the time I'm doing now).

hairdrama:{

I would prob. trim more often and do more curly styles. As far as techiques and products I don't think I'll change much.

Highly Favored8

I will def trim more often if needed once I hit full BSL 12-31-09
My Goal is MBL

I will wear my hair down more and pretty buns and ponytails.

janeemat

oooh nice hair op! I probably would not change much. Maybe instead of twice a week washing I would go to once a week.

prospurr4

My regimen is already super-simple, so I won't be changing too much. I will wear my hair in straight styles more often...now, when it's down, it's usually curly or "textured." Also, I will trim more frequently to maintain thick, blunt ends.

I should reach my final goal of hipbone length next summer, and I've already put myself on a regular, 6-month trim/cut schedule.

ladylibra

As a rule, I only change my reggie if it is lacking something my hair needs. As my hair grows out, it needs different things. I have been fortunate to be able to figure it out along the way, in time enough to not have too many major setbacks. I am hoping that my current summer reggie will continue to work well in the future, meaning I won't have to alter it drastically as my hair grows out to my goal of full WL stretched. :yep:

I will certainly trim more often once I reach my goal though...

ceebee3

I'm still trying to perfect my regi to reach my goals. This process can be annoying so when I find what works all the time, I'm sticking to it.

dachsies_rule!

Once i reach my goal i'll keep the same regimen, but i won't do protective styles. I want to wear my hair down and enjoy the length :grin:

beans4reezy

I don't use heat and I protective style 99% of the time. When I get to MBL, I will wear my hair out a lot more often, and while I wont avoid direct heat like the plague, I will use it just a bit more.