Will biotin work alone?

hottestdiva19

I've read that in order for biotin to boost hair growth, you must take it with another b vitamin. Is this true? If so does msm count?

LadyPaniolo

While biotin may well help with hair growth sans B-vits, many many posters have reported getting zillions of bumps all over thier faces using it without the B-complex. And your skin is SO lovely, I'd hate to see your face covered in bumps.

Can't speak on the msm.

I've consistantly gotten more growth per month since adding biotin and b-complex to my reg. I started about a year, year and a half ago with it. (of course my breakage robbed me of retaining much of that. :sad:)

Barbie83

I think it is true. Kind of like taking Calcium without Vitamin D. Biotin works best when in balance with other B vitamins. For best results, I would take a B Complex or Super B Complex.
Taking Biotin alone broke me out bad! But now that I take a Super B Complex as well, my skin has stayed clear despite me doubling my Biotin dosage.

I dont think MSM qualifies as a B vitamin, but I could be wrong...

hope this helps!

Tee

I took Biotin with Vitamin C and was fine. I even took it alone at one point because I got tired of taking 50-11 pills. I made sure I took a lot of water and I was fine. But I didnt need a B-complex.

hottestdiva19

Thanks for the compliment LadyPaniolo, as well as your replies ladies! I've been breaking out a little, so I guess I'll start taking my biotin with a b-complex :)

LadyPaniolo

I took Biotin with Vitamin C and was fine. I even took it alone at one point because I got tired of taking 50-11 pills. I made sure I took a lot of water and I was fine. But I didnt need a B-complex.

YES, how could I forget you need to drink a lot of water with it! I just naturally drink tons of water all day anyway, it's like the only thing I drink, lol. But it's a must to keep your skin clear and body functioning well.

(OT: I wonder what the obstetrician is going to say when I haul my jumbo sack of vits and minerals in for my appt next week! :shocked: )