Wigging it! *Pics*

lacreolegurl

hi ladies - i recently purchased the outre 'jewelry' half wig and wanted to share some pics. it's a little longer than i would like...i don't want it to look obvious. i'm really trying to build up my confidence about wearing a wig. i've done a few weaves before...but i've yet to step out of my home (or friends' home) with a wig on. so here goes....

Last edited:
thanks ladies! i feel so self-conscious. :look: one of my girlfriends helped me pick it out and i thought maybe she was just being nice cuz she loves me.:lachen:

Are you serious!? I would have never guessed that was a wig. It looks awesome!

yeah it looks realistic, and not wiggy at all. it's not too thick and bulky.

I would like to give my hair a break but when I see some peoples wigs they look too bulky too much hair, you found a good one :)
very nice.

I like it. I have seen a few youtube videos on this style but I have yet to buy it.

I think if you add, at the area where you have the "hump", a bit of Elasta QP or Designer's Touch to your edges and spray your own hair with a bit of oil sheen that it would be undetectable.

I like it. I have seen a few youtube videos on this style but I have yet to buy it.

I think if you add, at the area where you have the "hump", a bit of Elasta QP or Designer's Touch to your edges and spray your own hair with a bit of oil sheen that it would be undetectable.

thank you for this tip! i wasn't sure how to get it 'flatter' at the top. i'll try this next time.

You have to try a few different techniques to see what works best for you. Have fun experimenting.

I usually ask DH to check my half wigs. I recall when I first got my Aisha half wig. At the time I was transitioning to natural. I piled on gel at the front to blend and then used a scarf to hold it down.

DH and I went out to the mall and I asked him how did the new hair look.....and he said I looked like a Klingon! I'm glad that it was him and not anyone else. I just wish he had said that while we were still in the house so I could have put on some different hair. I rocked the Klingon look for about 2 hours until I could get home to put on another half wig.

Needless to say, I started to blend that wig without using gel but rather flat twisting my leave out hair.

It looks great. It looks like your hair. :yep:

I was self-conscious when I first started with wigs too until people kept asking me if it was my hair or not. And the ones who knew it wasn't me hair thought it was a full weave. A very well done full weave. It's fun making people's eyes pop out when you tell them you take it off at night. Or at least it is for me. :grin:

You have to try a few different techniques to see what works best for you. Have fun experimenting.

I usually ask DH to check my half wigs. I recall when I first got my Aisha half wig. At the time I was transitioning to natural. I piled on gel at the front to blend and then used a scarf to hold it down.

DH and I went out to the mall and I asked him how did the new hair look.....and he said I looked like a Klingon! I'm glad that it was him and not anyone else. I just wish he had said that while we were still in the house so I could have put on some different hair. I rocked the Klingon look for about 2 hours until I could get home to put on another half wig.

Needless to say, I started to blend that wig without using gel but rather flat twisting my leave out hair.

you know i choked on my drink when i read this!! :lachen::lachen: i definitely don't want to look like worf.

400px-Gowron_attempts_to_recruit_Worf.jpg

(or his buddy in the background there.):nono:

is aisha by outre too?

Last edited:
Back