WIG CHALLENGE 2014

GGsKin

I stumbled on this thread the other day, but little did I know I'd unofficially started this challenge at the beginning of September, having never worn wigs before (I've not been a big weave wearer either) So although it's late in the yr, I've officially joined you ladies. Look forward to sharing☺

GGsKin

I purchased my first wig today. What do y'all wear under the wig? I couldn't find a tight satin cap in the BSS.

More time under my wig I am baggying. So not only do i have a plastic bag (stabbed with holes for some kind of ventillation). But I also cover that with a silk scarf and a stocking cap to keep it all in place- also quiets rustling! A lot I know but both wigs I have are curly, so I've got a bit of forgiveness, and they still lay pretty flat.

NGraceO

I stumbled on this thread the other day, but little did I know I'd unofficially started this challenge at the beginning of September, having never worn wigs before (I've not been a big weave wearer either) So although it's late in the yr, I've officially joined you ladies. Look forward to sharing☺
OH SCHNAP!!! We can use emojis now!?!?

Lol, welcome, girl!!

Last edited:

SuchaLady

I think with a little customization this wig would give me life

Too bad its a from fly by night company :ohwell:

SuchaLady

I need specs!! Is this a lace front? Silk top? What kind of hair?

NGraceO Its a lacefront with Indian hair. I love the hairline! With my edges out this could look like a sew in but this vendor though...I reverse searched the picture and several websites came up with the same photo :rolleyes:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Stopped in a caucasian wig shop today and the owner/wig creator thought Creta Girl was my hair. Proceeded to tell me she's a stylist and hard to fool. Well consider yourself fooled, doll face. When I took my wig off, she had the nerve to believe my hair wasn't mine. And you're a stylist? :look:

ForumRunner_20141107_145955.jpg

Renewed1

Outre Annie

Looks like AA blown out hair. I'm going to wait until BF/CM to get it!

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 81

Renewed1

I bought this wig today. I love it and it blends well with my hair. A little leave out and I wear it as a full wig.

Attachments

• model.jpg
    model.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 61

divachyk

I received Outre Annie today. Very pleased. My hair is in braided underneath so I spiced it up with a beanie since I have no leave out for blending.

Renewed1 great minds think alike.

ForumRunner_20141107_194555.jpg

divachyk

SuchaLady, I lied. I decided to trim it to mimic my hair. I wanna trim a little more but I don't wanna jack it up. My freehand skills were shaky but it works for me. I love it more know.

ForumRunner_20141107_221055.jpg

SuchaLady

Very pretty! divachyk I love long hair but that looks long on you are taller than me; Im a shorty, I cant be in these streets looking like Cousin It :lol:

divachyk

SuchaLady, TY. I'm 5'10.5" and the wig comes about midback after cutting and waist length before cutting....not to mention, it's pulled forward almost to my hairline so yeah, it's long but the texture is awesome.

SuchaLady

divachyk I would definitely have to cut mine. Im only 5'5''. I do love that texture though. It looks very natural. May have to pick that up this weekend.

SuchaLady

^^ Y'all can you curl a synthetic wig? I'd buy that right now if I could curl it :lol: I'm very impressed as I look at it again.

divachyk

Renewed1, it sheds but not excessively as of yet.

I haven't tried to bun or style it differently but I will report back after I play with it some more.

I feel comfortable with it loosely hanging since it looks so real so this may be my straight wig.

Creta Girl is definitely my bun wig since the loosely hanging hair is too overwhelming.

GGsKin

^^ Y'all can you curl a synthetic wig? I'd buy that right now if I could curl it :lol: I'm very impressed as I look at it again.

I've curled a synthetic wig. It was already curly but a bit out of control. I set it in perm rods, dipped in boiling water and let air dry. Turned out great. If it's long hair that has some heat resistance, curling quickly on a cooler setting should work too, but maybe curls won't be as set for as long.

BonBon

Just recieved this one in 1B/33.

I'm impressed. For a synthetic wig it is very soft and looks good right out the packet although I've layered it a bit.

Tried Creta girl last week and unfortunately it makes me look like an Egghead when I was expecting to look like Kelly Rowland:lol: Waste of money. Glad I found this one. It suits my face a LOT better

Renewed1

Renewed1, it sheds but not excessively as of yet.

I haven't tried to bun or style it differently but I will report back after I play with it some more.

I feel comfortable with it loosely hanging since it looks so real so this may be my straight wig.

Creta Girl is definitely my bun wig since the loosely hanging hair is too overwhelming.

Please report backed you put Annie up in a style.