WIG CHALLENGE 2014

NGraceO

Unfortunately, the Senegalese twists are out and I'm back to wigs. I need to spice it up, because that notion seems so undesirable.

I just purchased a way-too-expensive silk top kinky straight (Italian yaki) wig from classic lace wigs. It should be here in a couple of days....prayerfully that wig can save me from the apathy. Lol

NGraceO

Just found out I won't get my wig for another three weeks. :cry: and I am SO done with all the wigs I have.

I'm almost positive I'll be back in Senegalese twists by the end of the weekend.

Times is hard:(

onesoulsista

My fellow wig wearers, Do you ladies have any tips for wearing wigs or half wigs in the summer? Its been a 100° here lately and I'm dying in my wigs. I need help or I might have to switch to braids

cami88

My fellow wig wearers, Do you ladies have any tips for wearing wigs or half wigs in the summer? Its been a 100° here lately and I'm dying in my wigs. I need help or I might have to switch to braids

I either leave hair out around the perimeter so I can do an updo, or just throw it up anyway and put a cute scarf or headwrap on.

Sent from my galaxy s4 using LHCF

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Thinking about stepping away from the challenge for a while... we will see.

Lol I've already done this. I'm back and forth. It's just too darn hot here in Texas to be wearing my wigs right now. I've been doing only wash n gos and did a twistout this week. Only wear my wig on special occasion for summer.

trclemons

I'm still hanging in here. Attached are my May wigs. The short one is Ms. Jenny by Milky Way Equal and the long one is Ms. Rapunzel by Model Model.

Attachments

• 20140430_142358.jpg
    20140430_142358.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 20140516_100509.jpg
    20140516_100509.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 120

ClassicChic

Don't wear wigs with bangs. I've found them to be really hot. I find that wigs with a side bang is much more comfortable in the heat. IMO.

Last edited:

ojemba

Took my weave out.

This is the first wig I wore.

All made by my me. Wigs by di.

image-52816471.jpg

Then on Sunday I wore this:

image-2648745490.jpg

Back to work today

image-4045301687.jpg

Yea I missed my wigs.

trebell

Ok I have a half wig on after trying to wear my hair out for a week. I didn't make it past day 3 without wanting to cut it off.

ForumRunner_20140520_094045.jpg

dede1129

Taking these raggety arse box braids out and going back to wigging it. I have a TWA and I can't stay in briads for more than a month now thanks to my curls trying to pop out though the braids no matter how big or small. Plus I must be going through a growth spurt because "My roots is on Fiya" *in my Alicia Keys voice*

Look at my braids and then the wig I am going back to

Attachments

• braids.jpg
    braids.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 118
  • Hair.jpg
    Hair.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 107

trebell

I just purchased the tammy wig...i don't like it. It's very shiny and thin. I have plaits under my cap and it's trying to pop out.

CurliDiva

I'm ready for that angled bob now that the weather is getting HOT and I plan to exercise all summer for the wedding!

NGraceO

Who is planning to wig it through the hot summer months?

And if so, how are you planning to survive?

CocoGlow

Who is planning to wig it through the hot summer months?

And if so, how are you planning to survive?

NGraceO

ME! I'm planning on wiggin it this Summer :grin:

I'll be rockin' my beloved Vanessa La Efrah Half Wig! I wear it with a headband pushed back about 1-2 inches. I have my hair in individual braids underneath, so you can only see the roots of the braids in the front and it blends in well - not perfect but good enough.

It's light and the wind blows through it so I don't feel suffocated & overheated. It's off my face and back/shoulders so it's perfect. I'll be wearing straighter wigs once it gets cooler, I just can't do it in this heat :nono:

I LOVE this wig because it looks more natural than any other wig I've tried. I brush her out to look more my my 4B texture (pic 2-4). I'm still on the lookout for a Kinky Afro Half-Wig that I do not have to brush out to blend with my hair but everyone says that it looks like real hair so it works for me! :yep:

The Last (5th) pic shows how La Efrah looks before brushing out - like a Kinky Curly Wash n Go - I rock it like this sometimes too - it's very cute but doesn't blend with my braids underneath as well as the Kinky Curly Afro I get from brushing it out.

ETA: Please add me to this challenge ... Sorry I'm so late :spinning:

Attachments

• VanessaLaEfrah.jpg
    VanessaLaEfrah.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2005-1.jpg
    IMG_2005-1.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2006.jpg
    IMG_2006.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2007.jpg
    IMG_2007.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1990.jpg
    IMG_1990.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 92

ezina

You guys are real troopers. I tried wigging it this month but after a week and a half or so, I just stopped. And this heat...oh no. :nono:

I'm going to keep trying, though. I'm too broke for the weaves and I'm determined to retain every millimeter of growth.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I hit a pretty cool milestone.

During my last install of kinky twists, I learned that my hair is too long for the 24 inch (12 when folded to install) Janet Afro bulk hair. I couldn't use hot water to seal the ends because my own hair sticks out past the fake hair.

Yay me!

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I hit a pretty cool milestone.

During my last install of kinky twists, I learned that my hair is too long for the 24 inch (12 when folded to install) Janet Afro bulk hair. I couldn't use hot water to seal the ends because my own hair sticks out past the fake hair.

Yay me!

Yay! Congrats!

djkforeal

Still wiggin it! I usually wig it through the summer months because my hair can't take the heat when it is out and I don't straighten my hair during the summer cause it's a total waste of time. I am very upset about the wig I bought last month because it has shedded horribly and every time I comb or brush it I get a ton of hair coming out. I am going to look up better ways to seal the knots on my full lace units cause they cost way too much money for it to only last 1-2 months. I bought this one off of Ebay and I want to flag this seller so that I don't purchase again.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Im still wigging. Im taking a 2 week break for my bday on the 13th. Im gonna get a blowout and avoid the gym lol. After that it's back to wigging. I need to go shopping for a new lace wig for summer. Something curly and not too long