WIG CHALLENGE 2013

Healthb4Length

I cut layers in it to make it frame my face. It gets tangled, especially in the back. I've done a bleach bath and it helped but I just never expected to be doing so much. I wasn't expecting so much tangling.

Healthb4Length,

What the problem with your lace front?

You may have RE-STYLE a wig to make it work for you. I rarely just wear a wig without teaking it somehow first. I also don't want someone to be able to guess the exact name of the wig that I'm wearing - which I do often to others.

BLESSED1

wore a snatchback today so my first day not wearing a wig since 2011, hate how it looks tho :(

the bright side is my new Lily wig arrived, got her in my natural color this time & will rock my trusty blond one on the weekends

the new Lydia wig arrived too but i dont like it, already put it up for sale online

CurliDiva

I cut layers in it to make it frame my face. It gets tangled, especially in the back. I've done a bleach bath and it helped but I just never expected to be doing so much. I wasn't expecting so much tangling.

I've never understood the reasoning behind a bleach bath.

I mean if bleach really makes "human hair" tangle free, I bet many people would walk around with their real hair smelling of clorox! :/

Carmelella

Do you ladies use wig clips or is that a nono in wig world?? New to this. I really wanted to be able to take it off everyday but it looks like I'll b sewing this u part on once weekly.

mywinborne

CurliDiva

Thanks! I'm washing my miss wigs wig now and soaking to get the shine out. I will thin out the hairline a little and I may have to darken the lace. It was looking like a halo and I want to wear it behind my hairline a little. I think with those little tweaks ill feel more comfortable with it.

polished07

Made my new wig I will be rocking for the next 2 months, its a brazilia lace closure with tracks added to a mesh dome cap, knots are bleached and I will be wearing my hair in cornrows going to the back. Im going to order a kinky straight full lace wig soon to alternate with and I use tootsie's mom method from bhm with an elastic slipless band attached to keep the closure down behind my hairline no glue or tape is used Im trying to do this for the rest of the year besides june-august

bride91501

Just wanted to share my new wig. Didn't like her at first...lace was way too light and the hair line didn't lay flat enough :perplexed

So, I took to YouTube, and sewed a dark brown piece of fabric inside to darken the lace. Then I sewed a piece of elastic fron ear to ear, which helped the hairline stay flush with my scalp. I'm pretty happy with her now :)

bride91501

Made my new wig I will be rocking for the next 2 months, its a brazilia lace closure with tracks added to a mesh dome cap, knots are bleached and I will be wearing my hair in cornrows going to the back. Im going to order a kinky straight full lace wig soon to alternate with and I use tootsie's mom method from bhm with an elastic slipless band attached to keep the closure down behind my hairline no glue or tape is used Im trying to do this for the rest of the year besides june-august

Hey polished07 can you elaborate on this method? I made my first wig about a month ago and I'd love to tweak it to make it better and more secure.

faithVA

I'm not much of a wig person, but I need a break from doing my hair. I have bought wigs in the past and hated them. But I just bought 2 wigs Tracey and Afro Curl 10". Hopefully they will be wearable. If they are I will be joining this challenge.

I saw a Beverly Johnson wig I wanted but couldn't find it online.

Wish me luck.

thatscuteright

After 4 months of wearing wigs, I am taking a wig break for 1 week. Washing my hair daily and wearing my natural hair in a bun, feels good to my scalp. I need a trim badly, but I did get some awesome growth. I am currently looking for a new wig for the Spring. Something light and airy.

CurliDiva

I don't think my new boyfriend realizes that I wear a wig! lol

I'm not hiding the fact but we just never had a "hair" conversation. Should I bring up the subject for just take a “don’t tell, unless he asks” approach?

He plays in my “hair” but my base of two french braids are super flat and smooth, so no tell-tale lumpy scalp if he runs his hand over my scalp.

strawbewie

CurliDiva... I suggest having a conversation about hair and then slip into I'm growing my hair and love wigs... Or show him a YT video
Some ppl are shocked to see me without a wig/weave...

Healthb4Length

I'm still Wigging it, even though I complain about my wig, I must admit that it (wig) has made my life so easy! It's nice not having to worry about my hair during this cold winter. As soon as I come home the wig comes off! I make sure I moisturize 2x a day b/c I don't wear a wig cap. I just spray wig with a leave - in spray and give it a thorough brushing and every thing is OK. I will be getting a nice unit for spring:).

Babygrowth

I haven't worn a wig in a while but I keep my hair in cornrows just in case I decide to throw one on... my SO wants me to get another one that I like because he is tired of my hats! Lol...

CurliDiva

Cleaning out my closet - I found an old and scrappy full lace human wig that had lost major hair in the front, but I was able to cut up the base to make two closures for a wider/longer parting.

mywinborne

This is the miss wigs lf. I did leave about 1 inch of hair out at the part. The rest of my hair is all braided up. I couldn't make the wig hair like look realistic to me so I tweaked it a lil. Cuz the leave out is only 1 inch I just have to Bantu knot it at night. I did cut like 4 inches off it, soaked it in vinegar and shampooed and let it air dry last night.

Attachments

• image-1339796346.jpg
    image-1339796346.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 132

Oneprettypa

I've been lurking this thread and took the plunge and bought my first wig! It's a Chinese yaki full lace cap and I love the texture. I have a few questions though.

Do your wigs feel snug? It came with combs and an adjustable strap but its still a tad loose to me so I'm using like 8 bobby pins to get it secure.

Also, on co-wash/ DC days, do you blow dry your hair before putting on the wig cap etc? I DC'd and braided it damp and I'm letting it air dry in the braids, but I don't know if that was best.

I'm going to use the idea and buy a man's satin cap.

Thanks for the advice so far! Back to my lurking :)

strawbewie

Oneprettypa.. I like my wigs to feel a little snug... I'm natural, I get cornrows one a month or 6 weeks, I do my regimen in braids, I air dry. When getting new braids I so my monthly poo regimen air dry then get braids

strawbewie

I was wiggin it this week... I mostly wore Freetress Lia.. I was having issues with lace hairline but I figured out why this am... I needed to adjust the straps inside but it's not new.. So I'm not sure why

image-78486581.jpg

I also had a job interview, so I went with a more subtle look I wore Freetress Kendra in a bun for the interview

image-1907443136.jpg

Oneprettypa

Oneprettypa did you see this most about elastic band method... No bobby pins, glue, tape etc.

When I go to Walmart this weekend I will try this for my wigs

Thank you for the link! I saw a video on You Tube about it while I was "researching" wigs lol. I bought a yaki full cap lace front, so I have to see how to sew the band into it without messing it up. Let me know if it works well for you so I can try it! :)

polished07

I've been rocking my homemade wig I'm ready for a kinky straight wig this will do until I find one that I like.

Attachments

• image-2773863095.jpg
    image-2773863095.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 167

strawbewie

I had a rough wig day due to a bad cap. I really need to try the banding method for wigs... I brought the bands, will try it this weekend
Tomorrow I'm wearing Freetress Ebony, I typically wait till Monday to wear a new wig but Whateva...

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Soooo..... I was bombing my Gala wig when I first pulled it out of the pack. After a light brushing it is now my fav wig.

I just ordered a bunch of wigs and will review them as I wear them.

Sensationnel Bree
Freetress Equal Gala
Freetress Equal Queen
Freetress Equal Vanessa
Freetress Equal Cassie
Freetress Equal Cella
Model Model Water Lily

(all synthetic)

Reviews and pics to come.