WIG CHALLENGE 2012

Here is a pic of the lacefront that I've been wearing recently. And a starting pic for the challenge.

I have a question for the ladies who wear lacefronts. Do you use any techniques to make the edge of the lace blend with your skin? I've heard of some women using foundation so that the edge of the lace matches their skin tone better. I would like to improve my technique. In person the lace isn't really noticeable, unless you look really hard. But in pics, you can definitely see it.

Attachments

• lacefront.jpg
    lacefront.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 133
  • Jan2012.jpg
    Jan2012.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 78
I'm def in. I have been wearing wigs since Aug and my real hair has grown so much. Once a week I wash/condition and braid my real hair. Then I throw the wig on when I go out. I just bought Creta. I had to cut her though bc she was too long. I have been rocking my Tammy wigs everyday. I love Tammy!

I wish I knew how to cornrow so I could just throw my wig on. It's hard trying to find someone to braid it every week. I was going to just put individual braids in but I don't have the time.

mstokes2008
I can't cornrows well either. But I've been doing a form of banding against my scalp... I'll be keeping my hair under my wig like this for at least two weeks it's my trial run so no longer than that. But so far so good. No lumps under my wig and its very comfy to sleep in
42577527-d1db-eb43.jpg

I am watching this thread from the side lines. I just purchased the Sonya lace front wig since DH hated the mommie wig. The Sonya wig seems to be more my style because my hair is straight most of the time from wrapping. Plus I wore that cut for years. I can tell that I am going to love the Sonya wig. It looks so natural (like a fresh relaxer) and it has that swang.

its seems like so many are talking about that sonya wig... all the reviews i saw says it has to be cut...did you guys have to cut?

Here is a pic of the lacefront that I've been wearing recently. And a starting pic for the challenge.

I have a question for the ladies who wear lacefronts. Do you use any techniques to make the edge of the lace blend with your skin? I've heard of some women using foundation so that the edge of the lace matches their skin tone better. I would like to improve my technique. In person the lace isn't really noticeable, unless you look really hard. But in pics, you can definitely see it.

Hi melisandre

Are you cutting your lace all the way down to the baby hairs? If not make sure that you are cutting the lace entirely off. The lace should melt into your hairline.

There should not be an "edge" or tiny band of lace around your hairline.

I am going to experiment by adding a closure for a more realistic parting space to my lacefront wig, this weekend.

I will post photos of the results....

not that its life or death or anything like that... but how is everyone keeping there wig cap on under thier wigs? by mid day mine always has slipped off, i feel it under the wig as its moving.

OK, I've purchased five wigs in < 30 days and I'm only content with two of them. :nono: I'm going to return two of the wigs and give one to my sister. This is what I'm left with. The wig on the left will be the wig I wear every day. The one on the right (dh doesn't really care for) will be my altar ego wig:lol:, to sport when I want the Chaka Khan look. I will be ordering 2 more "Tara" wigs so I can go all year long with this challenge.

Does anyone else wear the same wig daily for an extended period of time because it just "fits" you??

Last edited:
I think I want to be in. This is the wig in sporting today. I'm always self conscious that it looks fake so hopefully I can stick with the challenge.
3224ef81-138c-565a.jpg

@mstokes2008
I can't cornrows well either. But I've been doing a form of banding against my scalp... I'll be keeping my hair under my wig like this for at least two weeks it's my trial run so no longer than that. But so far so good. No lumps under my wig and its very comfy to sleep in
42577527-d1db-eb43.jpg

that looks good for a flat app, do the sides stick out?

SummerSolstice im not sure what a flat app is but the side do not stick out at all.

also that wig is to die for, i cant wait till i can pull that off, i started my wig journey recently in short wigs, so to come to work after a week with bsl length hair is gonna be a little unbelievable...lol

ive been rocking this human hair lf for the last two weeks...but im ready for some color....not sure if i will be wearing lf all yr--that would be a bit much but def for the winter season..till about march-ish

Last edited:
Took a week wig break so my edges can get a breather and wore a bun instead. I've been in wigs consistently for 9 months so this lil break was much needed. But tmr, back in wigs I go.

Sent from a land where women rule.....

I'm gonna stay on the sidelines of this one, I've never had a wig but got Lajay in 1B as a gift around christmas time. I ended up cutting her because it was just too much hair for me to wear on a daily basis. I'm gonna try out a new wig regi and see how my hair reacts, I'm trying to manipulate less because I've had a bit of breakage. Here's the wig before and after I cut it, actually I cut a bit more on the left side after posting that photo in the everyday hair thread since it looked uneven:

Screen_20120106_232728.jpg
lajay.jpg

Also, I wanted to know for you seasoned wig wearers, should I buy this: revlon revitalizing conditioner for synthetic hair spray that's specifically for wigs or can I spray it with a regular leave-in? TIA.

Zaz that is HOT! I love big hair!

Anyone wear lacefronts? I wore a lf for a week and I washed my hair this weekend and noticed short pieces of hair in the front of my head. I'm sure the lf broke my hair in the front. :(

Anyone had that problem?

This is the wig I am wearing for the challenge right now and it is soooooooooooo cute:

i'm currently wearing the Meagan (1b/30) by Freetress Equal. It's my first time wearing a lace front and I'm happy with it, will start to look for more, though i have another 4 lace fronts in my 'hurr cupboard'

@Zaz that is HOT! I love big hair!

Anyone wear lacefronts? I wore a lf for a week and I washed my hair this weekend and noticed short pieces of hair in the front of my head. I'm sure the lf broke my hair in the front. :(

Anyone had that problem?

pre_medicalrulz I'm also in a LF and have been noticing breakage around my hairline. I have to figure out how to fix this because I never had this problem in the past, so I'm goig to be switiching up wig caps to see what happens.

Back