Why the Clown wig to show what type 4 hair is???

Donda

In every picture that demonstrats what 1-3 type hair looks like there is a very atractive model. Yet the type 4 model looks to be wearing a Clowns Wig, why?

Personally I'm not ashamed of my type 4 hair, yet to some the Clown's Wig can come off as a put down. Just want to know what you all think.

bellydancer

i thawt that was her real hair. i remember when she first came out she had that wild colorful red and blonde hair. I'm not offended just because i kno that's how she wears her hair on a regular and that she is looked up to on this site because that's her real natural hair.

cece

[ QUOTE ]
Donda said:
In every picture that demonstrats what 1-3 type hair looks like there is a very atractive model. Yet the type 4 model looks to be wearing a Clowns Wig, why?

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought the same thing. I also wondered why there wasn't at least one dark skin woman.

SVT

Re: Why the Clown wig to show what type 4 hair is?

I'm not feelin Kelis' pink hair either.

Why not google up some other models and submit them to Beverly as a replacement for the Kelis pic?

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
A while ago Beverly said she would change it as soon as she found the time and the right photo.

I'd like to see an old pic of Pam Grier
or the woman who plays the mom on That's So Raven.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

[ QUOTE ]
SVT said:

Why not google up some other models and submit them to Beverly as a replacement for the Kelis pic?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about Gerren Taylor?

Ayeshia

well maybe you could ask den1 since she is a 4a/4b

Donda

Pam Grier would be great if I find a good picture I'll post it! I like T'Keyah Crystal Keymáh also!

hotshot

i think tkeyah isnt a 4. . .just to show the further confusion about typing.

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member

Since I don't have the web design tools anymore since my job function changed at work I really don't have the time to hard code HTML for the "nice to have thinngs". Every update I make to the site is by using FTP (DOS) commands and HTML in notepad.. Because I don't have the web tools at my job anymore, but if you can send ideas to [email protected] and if I ever have some extra time to manually change that I will. This site is not making a lot of money for me and the moderators all do this function out of voluntering. I do ask if you have suggestion (as I have said in the past) to PM me or one of the moderators rather than complain about what you don't like on the board.

Jaquai

i think gerran may be sporting some type of twist out but who knows. it is too hard to tell with celebrities because you dont know what they have done to their hair(weaves, texturizers,rollersets,twistouts, etc) to get that look.
i think that it would be better to use a member of the site.

cutebajangirl

True, and a member would be better because you wouldn't have to worry about copy righting etc and it would be easier on Beverly (I would think).

atlien

This is very true and why was there a clarification made at the bottom saying that Kelis is not really a 4 hair type that she just styled her hair in such a way to represent type 4 hair. Was it to embarassing to be thought of as type 4 hair.

atlien

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]
SVT said:

[/ QUOTE ]

How about Gerren Taylor?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she would be great to represent type 4 hair...I also think she is a beautiful representation of authentic black beauty nothing falsitude about her.

EbonyF

[ QUOTE ]
hotshot said:
i think tkeyah isnt a 4. . .just to show the further confusion about typing.

[/ QUOTE ]

She is a 4.

The front cover of her book is her with a twist-out. You would have to see her on "Cosby" or "That's so Raven" to see that she is a 4. And a beautiful head of hair I must say.

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]
SVT said:

[/ QUOTE ]

How about Gerren Taylor?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gerren Taylor Is an example of 4a hair in these pictures? If so...then my natural hair might actually be a mixture 3b/c/4a. You guys are right...her hair is very pretty.

pookeylou

[ QUOTE ]
Ipanema said:
T'Keyah Crystal Keymáh

[/ QUOTE ]

Just had to say I love the book in Ipanema's sig. It is a MUST for natural haired ladies.

Sweetyb

What's funny to me is that Kelis isn't even a 4, she's a 3! It's not hard at all to find a nice pic of type 4 hair at all. I replied a topic a while back of all these other websites who have better pics of type 4 hair.