Why should I keep on transitioning

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Please i need some info. I'm ready to bc now even though i know its not going to look good on me. im thinking of getting braids or kinkytwist right after. The texturizer ruined my hair. it is extremely dry and i cant do anything with it but bun. im missing my napps (even though they can get on my nerves)and i dont care about length anymore. i want a low cut hassle free hairstyle right now. the unevenness is driving me crazy beause ive gotten so much breakage. I dont want to transition no more:nono:

i cant even comb my hair because i still have colored(a box color on top of bakingsoda and peroxide highlights:angry2:) ends on top of my crappy texturizer.ive tried everything to moisturize these ends and something will work and stop right now whats keeping them soft and tangle free is gel and shampoo. yes GEL and SHAMPOO! I have no idea why its working. i thought the shampoo was conditioner but i didnt realize it was shampoo until i tried to co wash w/ it today:perplexed (i dont advise this in any way)

the only thing is i dont want a BC cut (ie crazy uneven layers.) I want a blunt cut but my NG isnt long and my mom will freak like last time i BC'ed...

and please dont try to school me on moisturizers i have PLENTY and then some(ahh the life of a PJ) and none of them work for keeping my ends soft and tanglefree.:wallbash:

TemiLnd

Hey Napp,
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I am 8 months into my transition with about 3-4" of growth (depending on what part of my head).
I really want to BC but I know it wont suit me. I am currently in braids, due to come out in about 10 days. I am going to try and maintain my hair without braids till mid Dec, then dominican salon.

Try and hang in there....

Carrie A

Maybe a professional barber can do you big chop this time to prevent uneveness. Kinky twists may be a good option until you get a little more length. Or you could chop and wig it until you feel more comfortable. I know Moms can be difficult. Do you really think you don't look good with the BC or are you more worried about Mom's perception?

Hang in there. I know how two textures can be frustrating. I am going through it now too. I have been just doing mini chops..almost BSL to SL. I still have enough length to protective style this way. In the spring with more growth if I want to BC I will, but minichopping texturized hair has helped with my frustration!

justsimply

Why not get braids/extensions without cutting? It will give you a break from your hair while letting your natural hair get longer. This could give you time to avoid making a decision out of frustration, which I think would be a big mistake.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Why not get braids/extensions without cutting? It will give you a break from your hair while letting your natural hair get longer. This could give you time to avoid making a decision out of frustration, which I think would be a big mistake.

this is what ive been doing when not bunning and my texturized hair gets tangled in the extension hair.:wallbash: ive gotten extra breakage this way.

justsimply

Are you using braidspray or conditioner while braided and when removing the braids? Is the breakage just to the hair that you would be cutting anyway.

My only concern would be that you cut it short and hate the look, which you've already indicated is a great possibility. Then you HAVE to stay in braids or something. With some length you have the possibility of wearing a bun...with 3-5 inches of natural that's not going to be an option.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Are you using braidspray or conditioner while braided and when removing the braids? Is the breakage just to the hair that you would be cutting anyway.

My only concern would be that you cut it short and hate the look, which you've already indicated is a great possibility. Then you HAVE to stay in braids or something. With some length you have the possibility of wearing a bun...with 3-5 inches of natural that's not going to be an option.
yes i use braid spray. my hair feels very rough like Velcro. ive tried acv rinses, porosity control,protien treatments etc and nothing helps for long term. plus i noticed that the breakage is not only at the demarcation line.

justsimply

yes i use braid spray. my hair feels very rough like Velcro. ive tried acv rinses, porosity control,protien treatments etc and nothing helps for long term. plus i noticed that the breakage is not only at the demarcation line.

Then I would say that if you are truly unhappy with what is going on with your hair then do the cut. Just be prepared.

I don't know your hair type, but I have some serious 4b. I decided not to loc so I have to style my hair. Those extremely cute styles that a lot of naturals on this site get is not even a flicker of a possibilty with me. A wash and go on me is more like a wash and fro :lachen:. I wear my hair in twists for a week doing twistouts when I plan to deep condition that night (usually Sundays). But I'm limited with the hair styles at this short length. This works for me for several reasons...I don't like doing my hair every night, I get to spritz it several times a day, I like the look and I get the benefit of low manipulation.

I would just hate for you to be disappointed.

MCMLXXII

Please i need some info. I'm ready to bc now even though i know its not going to look good on me. im thinking of getting braids or kinkytwist right after. The texturizer ruined my hair. it is extremely dry and i cant do anything with it but bun. im missing my napps (even though they can get on my nerves)and i dont care about length anymore. i want a low cut hassle free hairstyle right now. the unevenness is driving me crazy beause ive gotten so much breakage. I dont want to transition no more:nono:

i cant even comb my hair because i still have colored(a box color on top of bakingsoda and peroxide highlights:angry2:) ends on top of my crappy texturizer.ive tried everything to moisturize these ends and something will work and stop right now whats keeping them soft and tangle free is gel and shampoo. yes GEL and SHAMPOO! I have no idea why its working. i thought the shampoo was conditioner but i didnt realize it was shampoo until i tried to co wash w/ it today:perplexed (i dont advise this in any way)

the only thing is i dont want a BC cut (ie crazy uneven layers.) I want a blunt cut but my NG isnt long and my mom will freak like last time i BC'ed...

and please dont try to school me on moisturizers i have PLENTY and then some(ahh the life of a PJ) and none of them work for keeping my ends soft and tanglefree.:wallbash:

Hi! After my first BC in Dec 2004, I immediately got braids. I was really uncomfortable with my new look and it was just easier to get it braided. Most recently, I BC'd in May 2008 and wore an afro. No braids, twists, wigs, etc - just me and my extremely short, kinky, coily coif. Not long ago, I discovered that my hair loves aloe vera gel. So after my daily co-wash, I put a fair amount in my hands, run it through my hair, and my hair is amazingly soft. I love it.

Lastly, I jumped on the Mega-Tek bandwagon and I was amazed how soft my hair was after the application. Mega-Tek has been the ONLY product that I can put on my dry hair (dry meaning "not fresh out of the shower hair") and be able to comb it.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Then I would say that if you are truly unhappy with what is going on with your hair then do the cut. Just be prepared.

I don't know your hair type, but I have some serious 4b. I decided not to loc so I have to style my hair. Those extremely cute styles that a lot of naturals on this site get is not even a flicker of a possibilty with me. A wash and go on me is more like a wash and fro :lachen:. I wear my hair in twists for a week doing twistouts when I plan to deep condition that night (usually Sundays). But I'm limited with the hair styles at this short length. This works for me for several reasons...I don't like doing my hair every night, I get to spritz it several times a day, I like the look and I get the benefit of low manipulation.

I would just hate for you to be disappointed.

Im a 4a hair type and my hair is extremely poofy. i totally under stand the wash n fro. i dont get much curl definition with out gel:sad: I dont know why but i think less styling options would help me. im always doing styles w/ my hair many i didnt even post in my fotki and i think that less options would give me less intrest in playing w/ my hair and contantly thinking about it.

Hi! After my first BC in Dec 2004, I immediately got braids. I was really uncomfortable with my new look and it was just easier to get it braided. Most recently, I BC'd in May 2008 and wore an afro. No braids, twists, wigs, etc - just me and my extremely short, kinky, coily coif. Not long ago, I discovered that my hair loves aloe vera gel. So after my daily co-wash, I put a fair amount in my hands, run it through my hair, and my hair is amazingly soft. I love it.
i like aloe vera gels too. not aloe vera alone though it does nothing for my hair but then again i am not using the 100% forms so i may have to revisit that alley...the thing is gels tend to weight my texturized hair down and makes ugly crinkly waves. only the back curls up. my natural hair respond well to most gels.

Lastly, I jumped on the Mega-Tek bandwagon and I was amazed how soft my hair was after the application. Mega-Tek has been the ONLY product that I can put on my dry hair (dry meaning "not fresh out of the shower hair") and be able to comb it.
I like mega tek i found the benifits on my hair to be better than the growth hype its been given.my natural hair really loves protien:yep:but then again you are talking about natural hair not the texturized hair from hell. im sure my natural hair will like mega tek so im saving it. i dont want to waste it on hair that i know is going to be cut off:drunk:

Eisani

Have you been trimming at all? I understand transitioning and not wanting to BC (it'll be a full year on the 13th), I don't plan on doing that either, but I have been slowly trimming my ends. The more I do this, the less tangles I have on the ends. What are you doing to treat your dryness internally? All the external products in the world won't help if your diet is lacking essential foods.

Lynnerie

I understand how you feel. I've been thinking about the BC too but am trying to hold on. I would suggest getting half wigs that way you can still get to your hair to DC and moisturize.

Maybe you should set a goal of a year. I heard that months 7-9 are rough so getting braids would be a good idea too. Also, if you live in a colder climate you may want to make. Its about to be winter and if you plan on doing wash n go's that might not work.

Plus if you BC and don't like it you may be tempted to relax.

If you want to partner up with me maybe we can encourage eachother to keep on keepin on. We're both at 7 months.