Contemplation

landakaye

I cant decide if I want to do the BC or not. Last night, I cut of some really raggedy ends and it felt good. The girl who I wanted to do my BC wont do it though. She said I dont have enough new growth and I sure as heck dont trust myself:eek: , lol.

How long did those of you who did the BC wait? I am almost 11 weeks post relaxer. My husband says I am not allowed to shave my head,lol.

jainygirl

I was 11 weeks post-relaxer when i did my B.C. :). I decided to transition when i was 8 weeks post relaxer and i planned to transition for a year. But all that came to a screaching halt when i chopped 3 weeks later :lol:. -- jainygirl

landakaye

Oh I want to really bad. My husband asked me if I would just cuut like an inch off every two weeks so its gradual,lol. I am going to try and convince him to just let me cut it off,lol.

jainygirl

landakaye said:
Oh I want to really bad. My husband asked me if I would just cuut like an inch off every two weeks so its gradual,lol. I am going to try and convince him to just let me cut it off,lol.

Either which way you decide to go, he'll come around :). My husband was at home with me when i B.C'ed. I chopped out a big section of hair then ran into the bedroom and showed it to him all the while i was laughing like a little maniac :lachen:. I was just excited to do it.

firecracker

My stylist and cousin refused to do the big chop. I waited 8 weeks had about 2 1/2 inches of new growth on sides and about 3 1/2 on top. I chopped off all the relaxed hair. Now I am trying different products to see what works best with this length.

hopeful

Hey Landakaye, I bc'd at 6 weeks post relaxer. My hair grows pretty fast though. Maybe with some convincing your husband will help you do the bc? Just go in small sections. Cut wet so the relaxed ends stand out. Maybe buy yourself some pretty scarves or a cute hat as a back up just in case you think it's too short. And if it is too short, don't worry, it won't be for long!