Why is my scalp so flaky/dry??

ttlayli

Since i have been in the ATL, the front part of my edges, near forehead, have been flaky/dry. It's like this crust or dead skin that I can actually "scratch off" and it keeps coming back. When I go to the dominican salons, it's not there, but after a couple of days, it's back. I have no clue if it's on my entire scalp. Any idea what it is and what I can do?

Esq.2B

Are you taking your own products with you or are you using their products?

Have they or you incorporated any new products into your regimen since you relocated?

My friend had a similar problem on her forehead and she thought it was due to a hair stylist but it turns out it was sunscreen that did it.

ttlayli

what shampoos are you using?

Honestly I have no clue! :lachen: I have been going to the Dominican Salons for the past few wks, so whatever they use. Back at home, I did my own hair and i never used Poo, just Baking Soda or Indian Powders.

ttlayli

Are you taking your own products with you or are you using their products?

Have they or you incorporated any new products into your regimen since you relocated?

My friend had a similar problem on her forehead and she thought it was due to a hair stylist but it turns out it was sunscreen that did it.

Well even back at home, I used dominican products...I don't know if it's the climate??

KAT25

it could be the climate I experience the same thing since I have been in this area..

gissellr78

That happened to me too lol my stylist at the dominican salon told me is me not washing the conditioner out right.....because it didnt happen when i did it at the salon.

also i apply some olive oil on my scalp the day b4 my wash and i am good to go (but when is actually dry)

ttlayli

That happened to me too lol my stylist at the dominican salon told me is me not washing the conditioner out right.....because it didnt happen when i did it at the salon.

also i apply some olive oil on my scalp the day b4 my wash and i am good to go (but when is actually dry)

Ohhhh okay! Wow...so them *****s at the salon aren't rinsing out my hair huh?? :lachen: oh well. Luckily, I'm changing salons! :grin:

Qualitee

Honestly I have no clue! :lachen: I have been going to the Dominican Salons for the past few wks, so whatever they use. Back at home, I did my own hair and i never used Poo, just Baking Soda or Indian Powders.
My be you might be allergic to sulfate in shampoos:nono:

Artemis

I live in atl and my scalp is like that too. Perhaps it is the water :ohwell: Maybe you should chelate?

Also, I find that the flakiness isn't so bad if I do one of two options:

1) lightly oil my scalp immediately after I finish my hair and wash often [2x/week] which my scalp doesn't like or

2) wait longer in between washes for a few weeks (like 6-7 days instead of 3-4) and put absolutely nothing on my scalp, which my hair doesn't like.

I've found that my scalp is pretty itchy/dry after styling my hair for a few days, and then it turns to itchy/dirty, and then I have to wash. That makes me think that the shampoos I like don't work with my scalp and/or my water...I'm not changing my shampoo because it's great on my hair, so I just do the other necessary steps.

HTH some :)