Why is my hair thinning??? (Especially along the edges?)

Crystalicequeen123

Okay, I'm really about fed up now.

I have noticed that my hair has been thinning (or balding??) ever since October of last year. I just looked in the mirror yesterday after I got my hair done, and my edges are almost non-existent! :cry4: :cry3:

I've been to the dermatologist, and they ruled out that it wasn't ringworm, and they didn't find anything growing in the culture. They stated that what I have is serreborrih (sp??) dermatitis. Yet, they still gave me medicated shampoo and oils to put on my scalp. While my balding spot in the front of my hair has started to grow back, I'm really anxious about the nape and edges of my hair. They have stopped itching as much, but they are still looking very very thin, and now I can see my scalp along my edges. *sniff*

I don't know what to do!!! Why is this happening to me? :wallbash:

My stylist thinks I have a fungus growing on my scalp. She says I should get some anti-fungal medication to put on my scalp. My mom thinks I have "bandana head" and feels that I should stop wearing my head scarfs so tight around my edges at night. And apparently the dermatologists think that there is nothing wrong. But I KNOW that something is wrong! My hair has completely changed. It's thinner, and I can see my scalp more now days. :nono:

What should I do? Should I go to my doctor and get a second opinion? Can stress/worry/anxiety cause hair LOSS or thinning?

Yesterday I bought all of this anti-dandruff, anti-serreobic dermatitis, anti-psoriasis medicated scalp stuff, sulfur 8 shampoo, tea tree oil, etc.

I hope some of this stuff will work because I'm really starting to get worried! :cry2:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
(((hugs))) Hang in there. Your hair will recover once we find the culprit.

I have a few questions.
Are you wearing your scarf too tight? Are you wearing silk scarves?

Are you pulling your hair back tightly?

trj1922

I'm sorry this is happening. I'm in the same boat with no real solution in sight. PM greenidmonster or br*nz~b*mbsh~ll for some tips. They've found things that worked for them. Good luck!