Why I don't talk about Hair!

Aveena

Last weekend i went out with a so called girfriend that I haven't seen in a while. Now she remembers me when I went natural BOTH times. She's seen me through too big chops and mini fros and afro twists relaxers-natural and back to relaxed again... so now that I've made up my mind that I'm relaxed and healthy and growing hair (2 years now) she seems to be hating!

She commented on my hair growth and I gently talked about what I was doing... mind you I didn't want to get into ALL of it... I then kindly offered to let her in on some of the things that I've learned on the board... and she says " So, now your the hair care expert?" :mad: and it was not in jest.

THIS IS WHY I don't volunteer information!!

I hear ya Fran. I learned this lesson years ago. Don't worry though because please believe she(and many others) will be asking you for your secrets soon enough.

And when they do, ask them how that humble pie tastes?:lol:

Hatin Bishes:mad:

I really have to bite my tongue around people cause I know they won't be as open as the ladies on this board. I want to share all the stuff I know because I love the things that I have learned and the benefits that I have seen but I know how women can be so I keep my mouth shut unless I trust the person:cool:

ya know I tried to step out there a little bit. But, I know better now. I'm really disturbed because I really didn't GO THERE like you know we can... I just tried to gently suggest being a little gentle with the hair.. but she didn't want to hear it... :( I just wanted to put this out there .. I tried.

Fran said:
ya know I tried to step out there a little bit. But, I know better now. I'm really disturbed because I really didn't GO THERE like you know we can... I just tried to gently suggest being a little gentle with the hair.. but she didn't want to hear it... :(
I hate to be bitter but why do "we" women have to be this way. I need to check myself and make sure that I am not doing this crap. It is sooo annoying the female on female hate:perplexed

MizAvalon said:
I hear ya Fran. I learned this lesson years ago. Don't worry though because please believe she(and many others) will be asking you for your secrets soon enough.

And when they do, ask them how that humble pie tastes?:lol:

This is soooo true, when I first joined this board I was telling everybody who would listen about this site and all I got was girl I can't wear my hair baggied or in a ponytail and yadda, yadda, yadda....now this was in December 2005...well this Thanksgiving....I wore a braid out and everyone is touching my hair and saying how healthy is it and how long it's growing and what am I doing...I was like I tried telling your last year but yall didn't want to listen and still didn't really say much...so yah they will come around snooping in your closets and trying to see what your doing/fran....just watch...it's sooooo funny now because my conversations was sooooo boring last year now everyone wanted to know what I was doing.:)

Last edited:
trimbride said:
I hate to be bitter but why do "we" women have to be this way. I need to check myself and make sure that I am not doing this crap. It is sooo annoying the female on female hate:perplexed

I think it really comes from mis understanding... I mean she said that I have "that type of hair" and I'm thinking GIRL IF YOU ONLY KNEW!!!! :eek: But, being that I'm not a hair expert... I'm keeping the rest to myself from now on.

My boss kinda gets on my nerves. We was talking about hair vitamins and stuff and I told her about viviscal and she was asking me is "that stuff" approved by the FDA and I'm like nope but it has been tested by scientists and stuff and she's like that stuff can have hormones in it and that could be the reason why your hair is growing so fast and she said since it is not approved by the FDA you don't know what is in it. She takes flaxseed oil so I said "Can you do me a favor? and she said What? I told her Can you look on your bottle and read the label and tell me what it says? and it said not approved by the FDA and I told her she didn't know what was exactly in that either...she got quiet for a min and tried to jump on another subject but I went on to tell her that just because something is not approved by the FDA that doesn't mean that it's bad for you. You have to do the research and use common sense.....that's why I don't talk about hair to outsiders (non-lhcf'ers) because they are so clueless about hair.:) I'm also soo darn tired of defending why I wear my hair hidden all the time....she comments on this too but that's another story...sawwwy long post...I type as fast as I think.:D

Last edited:
tsmith said:
My boss kinda gets on my nerves. We was talking about hair vitamins and stuff and I told her about viviscal and she was asking me is "that stuff" approved by the FDA and I'm like nope but it has been tested by scientists and stuff and she's like that stuff can have hormones in it and that could be the reason why your hair is growing so fast and she said since it is not approved by the FDA you don't know what is in it. She takes flaxseed oil so I said "Can you do me a favor? and she said What? I told her Can you look on your bottle and read the label and tell me what it says? and it said not approved by the FDA and I told her she didn't know what was exactly in that either...she got quiet for a min and tried to jump on another subject but I went on to tell her that just because something is not approved by the FDA that doesn't mean that it's bad for you. You have to do the research and use common sense.....that's why I don't talk about hair to outsiders (non-lhcf'ers) because they are so clueless about hair.:) I'm also soo darn tired of defending why I wear my hair hidden all the time....she comments on this too but that's another story...sawwwy long post...I type as fast as I think.:D

Forget your boss!! Tell me more about Viviscal!!!:D

tsmith said:

so you know what I'm talking about... I shoulda added rant to my title. :lol: .. but I'd like to know about viviscal too:lol:

Last edited:
Fran said:
I think it really comes from mis understanding... I mean she said that I have "that type of hair" and I'm thinking GIRL IF YOU ONLY KNEW!!!! :eek: But, being that I'm not a hair expert... I'm keeping the rest to myself from now on.

Bwah - hahahahahaha!!! Gurl, you funny, thanks for the laugh. I'm sorry you had to deal with her, you we're giving her some common sense like "comb your hair carefully" and she came back with some 'tude.

Fran said:
so you know what I'm talking about... I shoulda added rant to my title. :lol: .. but I'd like to know about viviscal too:lol:

Girl, I'm not going to talk about her rant on hair trims. I told her the last time I had my hair trimmed was June 2006, she had a fit..talking about split ends and stuff...I told her I told have splits because my ends are always moist because I baggie...she goes on to say everybody has splits...I say I dust and she's like dust:confused: I'm like and I find my splits and cut them she's like:confused: :confused: girl you need to trim your ends, everybody got splits...I said "I don't have splits" kind of nasty and walked off because if she was anyone else. I would have told her about herself.....anyway...LondonDiva started a nioxin/viviscal challenge...I'll find the thread for you to check out....I have been taking nioxin for 6 months and I added viviscal 2 months ago...now nioxin is growing my hair fast but when I added the viviscal girl my hair took off. If I was not on all these challenges I would show you my progress but I have showed a few of the members and if they see this thread they can vouch for me:lol:

Here's the thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=108637

Last edited:
tsmith said:
Girl, I'm not going to talk about her rant on hair trims. I told her the last time I had my hair trimmed was June 2006, she had a fit..talking about split ends and stuff...I told her I told have splits because my ends are always moist because I baggie...she goes on to say everybody has splits...I say I dust and she's like dust:confused: I'm like and I find my splits and cut them she's like:confused: :confused: girl you need to trim your ends, everybody got splits...I said "I don't have splits" kind of nasty and walked off because if she was anyone else. I would have told her about herself.....anyway...LondonDiva started a nioxin/viviscal challenge...I'll find the thread for you to check out....I have been taking nioxin for 6 months and I added viviscal 2 months ago...now nioxin is growing my hair fast but when I added the viviscal girl my hair took off. If I was not on all these challenges I would show you my progress but I have showed a few of the members and if they see this thread they can vouch for me:lol:

Here's the thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=108637

Thanks for the link..:p

Back