Why do some People refer to the Holy Spirit and God as a Woman?

seraphim712

I ask this because this is due to the conversation between my DH and my neighbor from downstairs.

I notice she keeps mentioning that instead of God, there is the goddess Isis and that the Holy Spirit is a female, the 'mother part of the trinity'. Instead of only Father, Son and Holy Spirit; there is a mother, father and the great ones. She also keeps saying that before men, women ruled the earth and that men are weaker vessels; in my opinion I think she was basically man bashing because she called David in the bible a pervert and that criticized Solomon for having different wives.

She also keeps mentioning that Jesus had a wife which was Mary Magdeline and when he referred to his cup he meant his wife. And that the evidence is clearly seen in Leonardo DaVinci's Last Supper painting ; I won't get into this right now except to say that the person on Jesus' right hand side she kept refering to as Mary I believe to be John and that many artist back in the Renaissance period used many feminine looking men/boys as models for their paintings.

My question is, why does she and others believe that the Holy Spirit is female and instead of God, there is a goddess? I wish I could record her conversations just so you can understand my question...

Based on my research about Isis, I know that she is the Egyptian deity wife of Osiris and gave birth to Horus. I also know that she is referred to as the Queen of Heaven and goes by the name Ishtar. Also known as Innana and Enki. Further reasearch indicated that Mary was sometimes also referred to as the Queen of Heaven.

alexstin

Simply put, they don't believe in the God of the bible. They have their own perception of who God is and it's not based in truth.

seraphim712

Simply put, they don't believe in the God of the bible. They have their own perception of who God is and it's not based in truth.

I suppose, but who started the idea that the Holy Spirit is female in the first place? Also when I told her that Isis was first known as an Egyptian deity, she seemed confused and shock saying that she needs to do more research.

alexstin

I suppose, but who started the idea that the Holy Spirit is female in the first place? Also when I told her that Isis was first known as an Egyptian deity, she seemed confused and shock saying that she needs to do more research.

I really don't know. It sounds like typical New Age philosphy. I hear it alot these days.

Does she profess to be a believer?

seraphim712

I really don't know. It sounds like typical New Age philosphy. I hear it alot these days.

Does she profess to be a believer?

That's the thing, I don't think she even knows what she believes in. I know she doesn't believe that Satan exists, so she debunks everything that's mentioned in the bible including Revelations when God's battle is with Satan to save man. She think men are their own evil and that God is wrathful instead of loving; her reason for saying this is due to the many people that will fall when God comes back. She asks how God is a father when he is returning to destroy man. I told her that it only appears that way because she refuses to include the adversary that God primarily has come to destroy. I couldn't really say much because she and my DH kept talking, and I doubt one was really listening to the other.

He just doesn't want me to go down to her apartment that much because he feels that she's trying to convert me into believing in witchcraft/wicca by disguising it as believing in God. That's because everytime she knocks on our door, she's always asking for me.

alexstin

That's the thing, I don't think she even knows what she believes in. I know she doesn't believe that Satan exists, so she debunks everything that's mentioned in the bible including Revelations when God's battle is with Satan to save man. She think men are their own evil and that God is wrathful instead of loving; her reason for saying this is due to the many people that will fall when God comes back. She asks how God is a father when he is returning to destroy man. I told her that it only appears that way because she refuses to include the adversary that God primarily has come to destroy. I couldn't really say much because she and my DH kept talking, and I doubt one was really listening to the other.

He just doesn't want me to go down to her apartment that much because he feels that she's trying to convert me into believing in witchcraft/wicca by disguising it as believing in God. That's because everytime she knocks on our door, she's always asking for me.

Okay, gotcha. Yeah, she's far from the truth. If I lived near her I would love to go talk to her. :grin: You can't really blame her train of thought because when you're deceived you don't know it.:nono:

seraphim712

Okay, gotcha. Yeah, she's far from the truth. If I lived near her I would love to go talk to her. :grin: You can't really blame her train of thought because when you're deceived you don't know it.:nono:

I understand what you mean. I can tell she's deceived by the way she confuses things when she speaks about them; even though when you do hear her speak you would think that she knows what she's talking about if you haven't done your homework first. I noticed when my DH asked her where she finds her information, she wouldn't give him a direct answer. Especially when he asked for the chapter and verse from the bible where she claimed to get her answers from; her response was "You should know that since you believe in God."

Another thing I couldn't understand was why she would use references from the bible, but at the same time says the bible contradicts itself an is full of lies.

StrawberryQueen

This woman is on another spiritual path. But many people (Christians) refer to God as male and/or female as S/He is of the nature of both. No I don't recall the scripture, and I don't have time to look for it, sorry. :look:

StrawberryQueen

I understand what you mean. I can tell she's deceived by the way she confuses things when she speaks about them; even though when you do hear her speak you would think that she knows what she's talking about if you haven't done your homework first. I noticed when my DH asked her where she finds her information, she wouldn't give him a direct answer. Especially when he asked for the chapter and verse from the bible where she claimed to get her answers from; her response was "You should know that since you believe in God."

Another thing I couldn't understand was why she would use references from the bible, but at the same time says the bible contradicts itself an is full of lies.
Is this the same crazy woman you spoke about in another thread you started?

Why are you still talking to her (my apologies if I am wrong). :ohwell:

seraphim712

Is this the same crazy woman you spoke about in another thread you started?

Why are you still talking to her (my apologies if I am wrong). :ohwell:

No you're right; it's her. I avoid her as much as possible; but I really dislike when people are confused or ignorant (by choice) about something; especially when it comes down to the word of God and try to debunk things even if they themselves aren't sure of the fact they're giving. I know that I don't know and remember everything from the bible, but I try my best to research and study before voicing my views on a certain subject. Same goes for my DH.

We just let her know where we stood concerning our faith and religion. Especially when she keeps mentioning the goddess and the 'great ones'. When asked about her religion, she says that she's not religious, but spiritual:ohwell: I doubt she knows what she practices herself; however based of the fact she keeps giving from her point of view I would say that her beliefs lie in the Pagan/Wicca category. Or maybe she does know where she stands and is trying to play us for a fool. I guess she realizes that it hasn't worked at all (if she's scheming something).

ETA: She says that she has guardian spirits that speak to her; I told her to be careful because the guardian spirits could actually be demons masquerading themselves. The thing is, she doesn't believe in demons either.