Whose regimen does YOUR hair like??

hairIAM

Thanks POOHBEAR!! I am using the advice of poohbear about the Suave Aloe Vera conditioner, blue magic coconut oil with the kid's organics moisturizing shea butter and a boar brush. That stuff is the ticket for my hair. I was a little skeptical at first using the Blue Magic ( it is like grease), but I thought about it...when I was little and had long healthy hair (before my perm days), that's all my mom would use is Blue Magic (the blue or green ones) and a good brush. My hair was so healthy back then. If it was good then, why wouldn't it be good now??:confused:

Thanks again POOHBEAR !!:drunk: :drunk: :wave:

Whose regimen does your hair like????

LOL! I don't use all those at once now! :grin:

When I do wash n gos, I just use Suave Aloe Vera Conditioner and the Kids Organics lotion or nothing at all..

When I do twists and twistouts, I use the Blue magic grease....

And I only use the goody ouchless brush for detangling with Lekair Cholesterol Plus on wet hair. I was using this brush on dry hair with Parnevu creme but I got tired of doing that, so I just brush to detangle on wet hair with cholesterol...

;)

I based my regimen off of these ladies so of course my hair likes it:
Sistaslick-the washing twice per week and protective styling
CandyC-Grease on the ends,vitamins, and dry cowashing
Kinikakes-Bunning and moisturizing

I picked up using grease from Kitchentician's regimen, Mane 'N Tail from Southerngirl's and Dominican conditioners from Anky's. :grin: :grin:

i picked up my regimen from the book "Beautiful Black Hair" by Shamboosie. i didn't change a thing and it's working beautifully.

My Own forever.

I am trying out the Regimen in Carolyn Gray's book now.
So far so good.

Hmm, I dunno, actually. It seems like most people here try to go as long as possible for washing, but my hair is loving daily washing. Anyone who daily washes, and moisturizes. I like to rinse in the morning, and actually wash at night before bed. My hair dries fast.

My regimin is weekly washing and twisting my hair into small two-strands.
I put a cone-free conditioner on dry hair and let it soak in for a bit then I rinse and detangle in 4 sections while in the shower. I shampoo in sections then put in deep conditioner and let that stay in for a while and put it in four braids after the conditioner's rinsed out. Then i take each braid down moisturize and twist each section up, sometimes I let it dry first but usually i'll twist while its still damp. Then I leave it alone for a week. Seems to be working well for me so far...

Except for eliminating the heat and wearing some protective styles, my regimen is based on Cathy Howse's book, washing twice each week and keeping my hair moisturized. I use other products though.

I also use some of Sylver2's techniques, especially with the satin scarf.

caribeandiva said:
i picked up my regimen from the book "Beautiful Black Hair" by Shamboosie. i didn't change a thing and it's working beautifully.

Did you find that book helpful??? I was eyeing it at my local book store.

I have not taken any full regimen from anyone per se.
I have read a lot if different ones and thought about what my hair needs. I still don’t completely have one set in stone I am trying one now and ill see how my hair feels as time goes on and take it from there.
Right now my regimen is.

Co-washing 2wice a week
Deep conditioning with every co-wash (I heat up part olive oil/essential oil blend and part conditioner and let it sit on my hair for 15-25 mins under a warm towel then rinse with cold water)
Shampoo every 2 weeks
Egg/mayo molasses olive oil protein treatment every 2 weeks
Clarify with ACV and distilled water every 2 weeks.

I am working on protective styling I have cut out all direct heat and now I am only wet roller-setting, I am going to also start braiding my hair and wearing wigs as it gets colder out.

MizaniMami- using ADR with the dryer, it made a HUGE difference. I was using it as directed.
Sylver2/Supergirl-Ultra Sheen DuoTex
Pumpkin/ KhandiB's tutorials
Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou!

I think for the most part my regimen is Cathy Howse (DCing every 3-7 days, no trimming, etc.) with bunning mixed in!

I have been following Cathy Howse's method for the most part, except I do trim.

My hair is severely uneven from a bad weave incident and I need to fix that problem.

Other than that I follow her method and it has been working well for me.

The problem has been finding moisturizers that I like. I think I have found some that I like and now things have been really good.

Back