who wears weaves during the winter ?? I need some inspiration

Teja

Hi ladies,

Its been a year since my last install and I just ordered some hair that I'm very excited about...I usually only install in the winter because its too cold to co-wash as often as I do.
.Is anyone installing for xmas? If so what styles ? I could really use some pic heavy inspiration!!!:grin:

yeah esp in the nyc winter..im rocking some indique now bounce collection..usually get it for free since we do alotta photoshoots with them....

part down the middle and longgggg...a la kimora lee style

nyc winter is harsh on ones tresses have to keep it covered at least till feb/march-ish

subscribing. im wiggin and weavin it this winter. this humid/rainy weather keeps messing up my wash n sets

I'm wearing a relaxed texture with bangs. It's not a sew-in though, i made a wig with a closure. I've been making the u-part wigs more often than getting sew-ins lately.

Yes indeed I am weaving it up!! I normally do a quick weave/invisible part or a sew in/invisible part. I keep them in 2-3 weeks at a time and I always always focus on my hair underneath. Here's a few pics, i.normally rock a long style or a shoulder bob

No Matter Of You're Relaxed, Natural, or Texturized We Are All Beautiful Black Women...And It Doesn't Get Any Better Than That!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1324869688537.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324869688537.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 78
  • uploadfromtaptalk1324869706250.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324869706250.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 77
  • uploadfromtaptalk1324869898743.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324869898743.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 87
  • uploadfromtaptalk1324869912257.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324869912257.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 87
  • uploadfromtaptalk1324869931717.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324869931717.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 78
im doin weaves all winter long !!!!!!! I have to take mine down every 4-5 weeks. Wash, deep condition, & protein, then re-install , to keep hair from tangles & matting up. ( I will give hair a 1-2 week rest, in between)

growinghealthyhair-would love to see pics of your u-part wigs:yep: I am already planning to purchase some for Spring

theNaturalWonders

I made my own, but i'm having someone make one for me as well. I get lazy sometimes :lachen: So you can get them made if you purchase from a cv.

This is it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opDvWu20_gM&feature=channel_video_title

I've actually made quite a few adjustments to it, so it looks even better. I love it. It's lasting much longer than any install because i'm able to either sew it on to wear it long term (usually a week or two), or clip it on so that i can remove it daily. I love it!

theNaturalWonders

I made my own,but i'm having someone make one for me as well. I get lazy sometimes :lachen: So you can get them made if you purchase from a cv.

This is it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opDvWu20_gM&feature=channel_video_title

I've actually made quite a few adjustments to it, so it looks even better. I love it. It's lasting much longer than any install because i'm able to either sew it on to wear it long term (usually a week or two), or clip it on so that i can remove it daily. I love it!

Very nice. I just dont have the time to make me one so I am buying one from a CV

Actually there are a few vendors who make them. I plan on purchasing very soon.
theNaturalWonders
Hehe. Looks like you're already in the "know". Yup. I was estatic when I found out CV make them too. I still would have made this one myself though, since i used very expensive hair (Extensions Plus) that I couldn't find any where else. I love it though.(Yes, I'm going to keep saying that lol)

And it actually doesn't take very long to make one. I made mine over twice. It was nothing. And i'm super slow at sewing.

I'm going to get a weave, but I'm kind of worried...Like how do you care for your hair underneath? Some people say they dilute shampoo w/ water...but how do you moisturize your hair underneath?

Also some ladies say it's the same as taking care of braid extensions, but I can actually spray my hair with product...

Any help here for a weave soon-to be newbie?? :D

theNaturalWonders
Hehe. Looks like you're already in the "know". Yup. I was estatic when I found out CV make them too. I still would have made this one myself though, since i used very expensive hair (Extensions Plus) that I couldn't find any where else. I love it though.(Yes, I'm going to keep saying that lol)

And it actually doesn't take very long to make one. I made mine over twice. It was nothing. And i'm super slow at sewing.

growinghealthyhair...can u PM CV that make upart wigs? TIA

theNaturalWonders

growinghealthyhair :grin: yup. EP hair is nice!! I have some bobraz hair I attempted to use but I may use something else.

I'm going to get a weave, but I'm kind of worried...Like how do you care for your hair underneath? Some people say they dilute shampoo w/ water...but how do you moisturize your hair underneath?

Also some ladies say it's the same as taking care of braid extensions, but I can actually spray my hair with product...

Any help here for a weave soon-to be newbie?? :D

Its been a minute since I've worn weaves but I remember
using an applicator bottle to place the moisturizer on my braids trying hard not to get anything on my scalp.

Its been a minute since I've worn weaves but I remember
using an applicator bottle to place the moisturizer on my braids trying hard not to get anything on my scalp.

Thank you! :yep: Applicator bottle...So basically you're spraying the moisture/oils on the fake hair, and it'll osmosis down into your braided hair? Do I have that right? lol :look::lol:

lol @ osmosis

I'm hair lazy so I only did a curly weave once to see if I could pull it off, and to moisturize I also used the applicator bottle to squirt the moisturizer under the weave onto my braids, no osmosis required :giggle:

pics are from Christmas 2010, I was REALLY happy to get that video game :lol:

Attachments

• HPIM3946.jpg
    HPIM3946.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 21
  • HPIM3947.jpg
    HPIM3947.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 23
Back