Who wants to do a 3 month bun/protective style challenge w/ me???

I'll join until the middle of december, i think i'll try to make the effort and take my vitamins biotin, msm and protein shakes.

I am officially in starting today nov. 15, 2 weeks later than everyone else, but I plan on cheating at least having my hair down once a week, or at least a portion of it out...

I have composed an Excel sheet that I have already preorganized my routines to follow for each week for next 3 months...

I am joining today too...What do I have to lose, I wear buns all the time anyway. This will help me not cut my hair so often.

i'm in. i'm been in twists (no hair added) for 4 weeks now. I'm going to wash and retwist this weekend.

List of "Bunners"

Koffie
CaribbeanQueen
bronzehair
luckymonkey1307
Dlene
bellezanegra826
nelli711
BeautifulWideEyes
victorious
missenm
BLESSED1
meia
Mahalialee4
pradalover
LadyZ
RootPunch
atl_mulattamami
simplycee
LadyR
StartinOvah
Armyqt
AnjelLuvsUBabe
luv04
benosayi
brownsugar9999
Trea
den1
Bmm
rai
andreab
marygrove013
Naijaqueen
unlvgirl
CurleeDST
offthechainliz

Last edited:
So far so good, my daughter and I have discovered alot of new stlyes, lol, all leading to a bun in the end. Today I'm going to do a mohawk type thing but will put the ends into a bun instead of the spikey or curly look, I did a nother sisters hair yesterday who is natural w/this same type hair style except hers went into a nice puff, I loved it. ;) Now I can't wait to see the end results of mine.

I can participate but my official start date will be 11/14/05 since that is the day I used my maxiglide and started wearing my hair up in a bun.

Koffie said:
How's every body doing???

I'm still bunnin' and Loving it :D

I actually didn't stick to bunning until earlier this week. I did do individual twists last night though, but I can pull them up into a bun. When I did bun this week I put some fancy cornrows in the front of my hair and bunned the rest, got compliments and I love how it took me no time in the morning to do my hair. Think I'm gonna like this bunning thing :D

i'm doing good.

i'm still bunnin' too. i've been doing it all month. but i think i'm going to switch to braids for december. and then back to buns for jan. maybe...i need to protect my nape from my coats/sweaters/scarfs. its very short and has trouble growing. braids will be easier to deal with.

I know I'm late but I am in. I have been wearing my hair in a bun for the past 3mth because I have been so busy. So another 3 mths should be easy. I will wear it down on Christmas though.

I have updated the list:

List of "Bunners"

Koffie
CaribbeanQueen
bronzehair
luckymonkey1307
Dlene
bellezanegra826
nelli711
BeautifulWideEyes
victorious
missenm
BLESSED1
meia
Mahalialee4
pradalover
LadyZ
RootPunch
atl_mulattamami
simplycee
LadyR
StartinOvah
Armyqt
AnjelLuvsUBabe
luv04
benosayi
brownsugar9999
Trea
den1
Bmm
rai
andreab
marygrove013
Naijaqueen
unlvgirl
CurleeDST
offthechainliz

Let me just say I was out last night with my husband and I had my natural hair straightened w/ the Maxiglide and in a bun and THANK THE LORD I did b/c it was coooooolllddddddd! Ladies I am so in -and to take it to the next level can we also start posting some bun how-to's and varieties? Doing a bun for 3 months isn't the most exciting thing so if we have ways to jazz it up and we can share amongst ourselves that would be great.

If there is already a topic on that can someone please post?

Thanks ladies - I am learning so much more here!

Luv04 I am sporting a sew-in exactly like the picture in your siggy. I will be wearing this as my protective style for a while. So easy! All I do is wash, spray with African Pride Braid Spray(with Peppermint oil) and use Infusium 23 moisturising leaving in. I can sleep in a few minutes which is great during the winter :p . BTW, I hope to see you at our next meeting in January! ;)
luv04 said:
i will im transitioning to natural and my last relaxer was sept 23 so this is perfect for me....im trying to transition for a year and a half...so protective styles are a must...im up for this challenge

I started Nov 7th and will end March 30. I have been bunning and phonies for the last couple of weeks. I also will be getting a full weave Dec30th.

Count me in! Last week I started wearing a phony scrunchie. I moisturize my hair really good with leave in conditioner, water, and oils and slick with mango butter. I twisted my hair around into a small ball and tucked with two hair pins and then wrapped the phony hair scruchie around my hair until it was covere this created a phony pony look but with a scrunchie. I got a little bored with that hair style. So I might do a strawset in between and wear my hair out on Sundays and Mondays and then back into a protective style Tuesday through Saturday. I have another protective style that I do with just pinning my hair, it almost looks like a french twist but not quite.

I will like to do the bun, if I can figure out how to do it right. :lol:

I'm in, I have been wearing a bun all week, so I want to keep it going for 3 months, then I will relax my hair in January. That will give me 4 months of no relaxer.

List of "Bunners" Since Nov. 21, 2005

Koffie
CaribbeanQueen
bronzehair
luckymonkey1307
Dlene
bellezanegra826
nelli711
BeautifulWideEyes
victorious
missenm
BLESSED1
meia
Mahalialee4
pradalover
LadyZ
RootPunch
atl_mulattamami
simplycee
LadyR
StartinOvah
Armyqt
AnjelLuvsUBabe
luv04
benosayi
brownsugar9999
Trea
den1
Bmm
rai
andreab
marygrove013
Naijaqueen
unlvgirl
CurleeDST
offthechainliz
mysweetevie
divinefavor
bajanplums1
leontyneb

I know I am late. But I want in. I had my hair in a sew-in from may to october. Gave myself a break and will be bunning until feburary. I may end up getting another sew-in in December.

I will take a break from this challenage but no from bun or protective styles. Will resume another bun challenage at a later date after I have purchased some more supplies.

Back