Who says Christian women are prudes?

This thread is a tremendous blessing. Shimmy and Chicanella are on the case! God bless you women!

As soon as I clicked on that site, my entire face contorted involuntarily in a frown; I was so repelled to the core of my being. Then I read the thread on masturbation and could think only of how Satan comes as an angel of light. I had to close the window because everything in me was shuddering in disgust. I pray for forgiveness on behalf of the women who created that site because God's judgment upon those who lead his children astray is terrible. I believe that some of the women behind that site are sincerely confused because they have conflated God's voice with the voice of their human nature encouraging them to indulge in sin. We all face confusion at times, so I pray in advance for forgiveness for myself too, should I ever accidentally lead another astray while myself confused. I pray that those who might come across that site are given discernment, so that they can reject the vile teachings there disguised as Christianity. I pray that I am always led to listen to the spirit of discernment within me so that I can always be as repulsed by seductive lies as I was by that site.

i feel really naive after reading some of the responses. i thought it was a decent site, then again i read the threads on engaged question and women's health problems which seemed fairly innocuous. i did read the thread on masturbation and for me God has already told me my body belongs to him and PURITY means abstaining from all sexual acts in thought and deed. i guess i didn't think if things would be different in marriage since i'm not yet married.

if for no other reason i think the site is helpful b/c at least now i need to know what things to put out on the table during pre-marital counseling. some christians think some things that i think are gross are okay. i don't want my husband wanting to do something that is both painful and humiliating to me. shoot, i done waited all my life to have a sex life and when i finally have one i want to enjoy it! :yep:

This thread is a tremendous blessing. Shimmy and Chicanella are on the case! God bless you women!

As soon as I clicked on that site, my entire face contorted involuntarily in a frown; I was so repelled to the core of my being. Then I read the thread on masturbation and could think only of how Satan comes as an angel of light. I had to close the window because everything in me was shuddering in disgust. I pray for forgiveness on behalf of the women who created that site because God's judgment upon those who lead his children astray is terrible. I believe that some of the women behind that site are sincerely confused because they have conflated God's voice with the voice of their human nature encouraging them to indulge in sin. We all face confusion at times, so I pray in advance for forgiveness for myself too, should I ever accidentally lead another astray while myself confused. I pray that those who might come across that site are given discernment, so that they can reject the vile teachings there disguised as Christianity. I pray that I am always led to listen to the spirit of discernment within me so that I can always be as repulsed by seductive lies as I was by that site.

I had the same reaction. I was trying to scan through it but I was getting dizzy and my eyes were acting all funny like I was light-headed or something. Then I felt the repulsion like I wanted to vomit. When I was a younger Christian or babe, I used to go to man or the church and just believe everything they told me because I thought they were right. But after going through some experiences with the church, I'm just like, "I need to hear God for myself on this." But anyway, the Holy Spirit told me last night as I was thinking about going back to the site to inform some people about the evilness of the act to, "Leave it alone." So, prayer is a good way or when I get some money I believe it's important enough for me to put up a counter website.

i feel really naive after reading some of the responses. i thought it was a decent site, then again i read the threads on engaged question and women's health problems which seemed fairly innocuous. i did read the thread on masturbation and for me God has already told me my body belongs to him and PURITY means abstaining from all sexual acts in thought and deed. i guess i didn't think if things would be different in marriage since i'm not yet married.

if for no other reason i think the site is helpful b/c at least now i need to know what things to put out on the table during pre-marital counseling. some christians think some things that i think are gross are okay. i don't want my husband wanting to do something that is both painful and humiliating to me. shoot, i done waited all my life to have a sex life and when i finally have one i want to enjoy it! :yep:

Hey Lovelynapps26, I'm going to pm' you.

This question is kind of tied to the Question the op presented. What about Lingerie showers right before you get married, are they ungodly?

This question is kind of tied to the Question the op presented. What about Lingerie showers right before you get married, are they ungodly?

:lol::lol::lol: Good Question...

As long as the 'Bride to be' doesn't model them for her 'Hubbie to be'. :blush2:

Most women hide their new lingerie as they hide their wedding gowns until she walks down the aisle. If only some women would treat their bodies / sexuality the same.... to 'hide' it until the Wedding Night. :love:

Even in 'stricter societies and in the Bible days, the future 'Brides' were groomed 'before' their wedding day / night, with oils, fragrance, and I'm sure there were beautiful veils to cover her for the wedding night.

I'll take gowns over a set of cookware any day. :yep:

I have several of these from my friend from India. The Brides are given a 'trouseau' of everything she'll need to be beautiful for her husband.

Attachments

• Burgundy Elegance Sari.jpg
    Burgundy Elegance Sari.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 11
:lol::lol::lol: Good Question...

As long as the 'Bride to be' doesn't model them for her 'Hubbie to be'. :blush2:

Most women hide their new lingerie as they hide their wedding gowns until she walks down the aisle. If only some women would treat their bodies / sexuality the same.... to 'hide' it until the Wedding Night. :love:

Even in 'stricter societies and in the Bible days, the future 'Brides' were groomed 'before' their wedding day / night, with oils, fragrance, and I'm sure there were beautiful veils to cover her for the wedding night.

I'll take gowns over a set of cookware any day. :yep:

I have several of these from my friend from India. The Brides are given a 'trouseau' of everything she'll need to be beautiful for her husband.

Thanks Shimmie!

i sure hope not. i have a friend who was really touchy/nervous about the issue of sex and her BFF sent out a note before her wedding shower basically saying not to get lingerie b/c it would embarrass her. i thought it was kind of strange because what's the point of being shy about lingerie when your hubby will see you in your birthday suit anyway. i've already told my girlfriends that they are more than welcome to buy me lingerie for my shower (when the time is appropriate). i have quite a few over sized tees, raggedy (yet comfy) PJs and sweats i've collected since college that i sleep in. i feel like i need a whole new night time wardrobe when i get married. one pastor (Medina Pullings' husband) went so far as to throw out her granny PJs because he got tired of her wearing them to bed, especially since she had the financial means to get more sensual apparel. after marriage, however, i feel like only i or my hubby should be buying me intimate apparel. it's one thing when you don't have a sex life. afterwards, i think what takes place in that room should be sacred and not discussed in detail with anyone (unless a counselor or medical doctor is needed to intervene). my two cents

Back