Who else is less likely to view progess pics...

audacity.

...when they are buried in a link rather than posted right in the original post?

I am not unlike anyone else here when it comes to looking at progress photos. I have found, though, that I am MUCH less likely to follow links to see progress. I know that many LHCFers aren't as computer savvy as others (myself included). This is just an observations that I have made within myself and wondered in anyone else is like me?

***This is not intended to be a negative thread.***

Dposh167

i'll look if it's a link or if the pics are attached...but if someone says its in their fotki, then most likely ill pass. not that i don't wanna see...but i get lazy!

Petite One

Yep, this is why I've decided to show pics in the thread when my progress/results are in. But I am nosy and will click a link in a heartbeat,lol.

Last edited:

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I'll check out their fotki. I'm just newsy like that.

The thing that I don't understand is when someone has (and please do not be offended) a link to their fotki in their siggy and says next to the link "password in profile" I mean darn, I gotta go searching your LHCF profile to get the magic work to be able to see your fotki? I don't get why people don't just put the password in the siggy too, I mean, you're giving the password out to everyone anyway, right?:lachen: Not saying that I haven't done it for some though, because again, I'm newsy like that LOL

ETA: I gotta learn how to post pics in the thread. I've tried, but it didn't work for me. I'm gonna play around with it later on to teach myself.

Last edited:

glamazon386

The thing that I don't understand is when someone has (and please do not be offended) a link to their fotki in their siggy and says next to the link "password in profile" I mean darn, I gotta go searching your LHCF profile to get the magic work to be able to see your fotki? I don't get why people don't just put the password in the siggy too, I mean, you're giving the password out to everyone anyway, right?:lachen: Not saying that I haven't done it for some though, because again, I'm newsy like that LOL

ETA: I gotta learn how to post pics in the thread. I've tried, but it didn't work for me. I'm gonna play around with it later on to teach myself.

Anybody lurking on the board (even people who aren't a registered member of LHCF) can see siggys. The Hair board is open to the public. So if your thread pops up in Google, people can take that pw and open your fotki. Only paid members can see the profile.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Anybody lurking on the board (even people who aren't a registered member of LHCF) can see siggys. The Hair board is open to the public. So if your thread pops up in Google, people can take that pw and open your fotki. Only paid members can see the profile.

OOOhhhh... I never knew that. That makes sense... thanks for clearing that up because I was stumped as to why people did that. LOL

dlewis

If I'm at work I'll view the fotki. But I have dial up at home and it takes for-e-ver to open, so no I won't view a fotki when I'm at home. Is it to hard to just post the progress pictures in the thread? It doesn't have to be 50-11 pictures but just enough to show us your progress.

PureSilver

Honey i feel the same way, but then again i can understand when ppl don't put the password in their siggy. B4 i became a member of LHCF there were ladies who had inspiring photos and beautiful progress and i couldn't view their fotki for the same reason of not being a member, so i wasn't able to get past just mere browsing the site. Now that i'm a member i have full access, and girl i am happy!

If someone post a link or says "visit my fotki", it's really no big deal for me i'll just visit and show some love cuz @ the end of the day, i'm gonna need the suppost and encouragement too. BTW i need to learn how to post pics to the form.

LongHairDreams

I just recently started looking for someones password. Sometimes I get irritated and don't bother. If its locked, I move on. Or if its not locked and the progress pics are burried within folder within folder, I say,"forget it"....sorry ladies.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I get lazy if there's no link. If a member's Fotki is locked, or I need to email members for paswords and such, I keep it movin! There's enough progress pic threads and in siggys for me to get my fix :lachen:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
i'll look if it's a link or if the pics are attached...but if someone says its in their fotki, then most likely ill pass. not that i don't wanna see...but i get lazy!

This is how I am. I'm not trying to get a pw out of your profile and go through a treasure hunt looking through folders within folders within folders to see some pictures of hair. There are enough progress pic threads and progress pics in siggies, that I don't stress if I don't see one members progress. I just hit the ''back'' button and keep it movin :yep:

sareca

Sometimes I do click the link and find the pw and sometimes I just don't want to be bother. :ohwell:

Whimsy

I'm generally too lazy to be bothered.:ohwell:
UNLESS they have a siggie pic or avatar pic that shows some bangin hair:grin:

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Even though I am guilty of having my password in my profile, I will have to admit that even I hate it when I have to go searching for people's passwords in their profiles (I know ... I know ... the irony, huh?). That is exactly why when I have major updates to share (which I've only done twice so far), I always put my photos directly in the post to accommodate the lazy gals (of which I am one). :blush: Perhaps I should reconsider putting my password directly in my siggy in the future. Hmmmmm ...

What I really dislike (way more than rumaging through profiles for passwords) is getting to a person's Fotki, only to see that they have photos buried within folders buried within folders buried within folders (like someone already mentioned). That is re-hee-eally a pain.

favorc

i don''t look. my computer likes to act up sometimes so when it is in a link a just don't bother.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
...plus I feel like I'm snooping or stalking LOL Especially if you put in the wrong password...:perplexed:grin:

PinkSkates

I'm so guilty of this; and whenever I do hair updates,(I've only done one) I made sure to have pics. And I'm not a lazy person; but I hate following links to view hair pics, unless your hair is truly amazingly gorgeous, then I don't bother. And I really feel bad about that, 'cause my hair albums get a lot of traffic, and it just amazes me at how many women take the time to view my hair albums.

zzirvingj

I NEVER knew this!!

senimoni

I may or I may not, depends on my mood....nothing irks me more than nested folders and passwords though. I try to woosah and tell myself they probably don't realize you don't need to lock every layer to secure their pictures....:breath in: :breath out:.