Who are we representing? LONG

B

Bublnbrnsuga

I pray this post does not fall on deaf ears. There was a great thread that was recently locked here in this forum due to unnecessary attacks amongst members. Ladies, I know we are on different levels with our walks with Christ,but one thing that we all should know not to do, regardless of where we are in Christ and that is argue and maliciously attack each other due to our opinions. I think many times we don't realize that there's something greater that just us- it's how we represent Christ. Needless to say, some non- Christians are just gonna attack us just because they know we are Christians,but why give some a reason to attack us? Someone wise on this forum once told me that she prays BEFORE she gets onto LHCF and asks the Holy Spirit to guide her,so she can be effective in her walk and you know what? She seems to be the only Christian person many non-Christians will even listen to. She doesn't hold back when it comes to what the Word says and she doesn't care if someone labels her a 'bible thumper.' She doesn't go by how her flesh feels as to which post she should reply to at all- she goes by the Spirit, which therefore leads her into discussions with others about Christ. Isn't that awesome? Ladies, let's challenge ourselves to do the same, not just within the Christianity forum, but in other forums as well. Eventhough we go by creative screen names and no one really knows who we are, God knows. Representing Him goes further than just on Sunday or Saturday mornings- it's continuous. Whew, with that said, I want us to discuss something in a previous thread that was unfortunately locked.

Although Blossssom no longer acknowledges Christ as her personal Lord and Savior, she brought up some EXCELLENT points in regards to being saved, single and having sex. It was concerning a 'cliche' many Christians use when we are not serving the Lord wholeheartedly and therefore allowing our flesh to dictate our actions. Here's the thought provoking quote made by her:
"And I used to feel the same way you did, too, about "God knows my heart/my intentions". That was before I realized I wasn't truly a Christian and that I was fooling myself with the "God knows my heart", because in the end, if God knows my heart, that means I also knew his word, but I went contrary to it."

Things that make you go, hmmmmmmmm......

The Bible speaks about us not being lukewarm Christians- either you will obey His word or not. Also with repentance there is a 180 degree turnaround. Now, God is gracious, if we slip up, He will forgive us, but we have to get back on track again, but what happens if we keep on slipping, and slipping, and slipping some more? Why does our hearts become hardened after we continously sin against Him,but we think we are safe if we say, 'well, God knows my heart.':scratchchin:

meka

Bublnbrnsuga said:
I pray this post does not fall on deaf ears. There was a great thread that was recently locked here in this forum due to unnecessary attacks amongst members. Ladies, I know we are on different levels with our walks with Christ,but one thing that we all should know not to do, regardless of where we are in Christ and that is argue and maliciously attack each other due to our opinions. I think many times we don't realize that there's something greater that just us- it's how we represent Christ. Needless to say, some non- Christians are just gonna attack us just because they know we are Christians,but why give some a reason to attack us? Someone wise on this forum once told me that she prays BEFORE she gets onto LHCF and asks the Holy Spirit to guide her,so she can be effective in her walk and you know what? She seems to be the only Christian person many non-Christians will even listen to. She doesn't hold back when it comes to what the Word says and she doesn't care if someone labels her a 'bible thumper.' She doesn't go by how her flesh feels as to which post she should reply to at all- she goes by the Spirit, which therefore leads her into discussions with others about Christ. Isn't that awesome? Ladies, let's challenge ourselves to do the same, not just within the Christianity forum, but in other forums as well. Eventhough we go by creative screen names and no one really knows who we are, God knows. Representing Him goes further than just on Sunday or Saturday mornings- it's continuous. Whew, with that said, I want us to discuss something in a previous thread that was unfortunately locked.

Although Blossssom no longer acknowledges Christ as her personal Lord and Savior, she brought up some EXCELLENT points in regards to being saved, single and having sex. It was concerning a 'cliche' many Christians use when we are not serving the Lord wholeheartedly and therefore allowing our flesh to dictate our actions. Here's the thought provoking quote made by her:
"And I used to feel the same way you did, too, about "God knows my heart/my intentions". That was before I realized I wasn't truly a Christian and that I was fooling myself with the "God knows my heart", because in the end, if God knows my heart, that means I also knew his word, but I went contrary to it."

Things that make you go, hmmmmmmmm......

The Bible speaks about us not being lukewarm Christians- either you will obey His word or not. Also with repentance there is a 180 degree turnaround. Now, God is gracious, if we slip up, He will forgive us, but we have to get back on track again, but what happens if we keep on slipping, and slipping, and slipping some more? Why does our hearts become hardened after we continously sin against Him,but we think we are safe if we say, 'well, God knows my heart.':scratchchin:
I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said!!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Great post!

I think it would be beneficial if you mentioned the member here who prays before she gets on LHCF and is guided my the Holy Spirit. :yep:

I know I have not acted Christ-like in certain threads of touchy subjects and I have behaved immaturely even in other threads that do not pertain to beliefs etc. I would like to apologize to all members who I have had arguments with and apologize to anyone I have turned off. I'm sure that is the main culprit to people not wanting me as a member here and hauling insults at me. To let you all know, I am learning from my previous mistakes since my time away from this forum. As a Christian, I should not be arguing nor causing discourse at all.

Thanks for posting this thread, Bublnbrnsuga. :)

czyfaith77

Though I am not familiar with all that has been said and done on this board in the past few days, I do appreciate and agree with this statement. Enjoy the day ladies.:)

BLESSED1

Wow, this is one of the best posts I've read here in a minute. God bless you bubs for posting this, makes you think...

Blossssom

I could kiss you! This is all I've ever tried to say.

I'm glad you could express it much more "diplomatically" :)

Moisy, I haven't forgotten you. Hugs to you and Bubln, FOR REAL!

Chaya

ITA. I hate all the drama and bickering. It is pointless. I like to enjoy the forum and all of everyones beliefs, opinions, suggestions etc.

MSee

SELAH (pause and think about that!).

Bublnbrnsuga, you words was like a perfect explanation of one of my favorite scriptures: 'But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes, and the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient. In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by Him at His will. 2 Timothy 2: 23-26'

I realised I failed in this area last night with a shouting coversation with my sister while trying to choke her with a verse of scripture :whip: :whip:
Just a while ago I was contemplating about how uneffective I was and now this post :blush: Believe me it has not fallen on deaf ears. I have also proven that praying before addressing certain posts actually brings clarity and wisdom and that is necessary for someone as opinionated as myself.

sithembile

Thank you for this, we really need to be mindful of what we say and do, especially around unbelievers, we need to glorify Him at all times.Let's not give them cause to turn away from God.

honeycomb719

MSee said:
SELAH (pause and think about that!).

Bublnbrnsuga, you words was like a perfect explanation of one of my favorite scriptures: 'But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes, and the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient. In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by Him at His will. 2 Timothy 2: 23-26'

I realised I failed in this area last night with a shouting coversation with my sister while trying to choke her with a verse of scripture :whip: :whip:
Just a while ago I was contemplating about how uneffective I was and now this post :blush: Believe me it has not fallen on deaf ears. I have also proven that praying before addressing certain posts actually brings clarity and wisdom and that is necessary for someone as opinionated as myself.

Funny u should quote that scripture. Its so appropiate for this forum, which is why it has been in my siggy for the past 6 mos or so....

Country gal

Valid point. Someone pointed out to me yesterday that I should pray before applying for things. I usually pray every morning, night, before meals, when something is heavy on my mind. I don't think to pray before filing out a job application or mortgage application. It is wise to pray before coming in this board. The devil does have a way of playing on our worst emotions and actions.

firecracker

:) Country Gal your the best. Bubbln, I printed out that scripture to post around my house and carry in my purse. I really need this w/my serenity prayer:kiss: . Bloossom's statement was on point. I am struggling with three issues that consititutes fraud. I cannot even lie to or for myself because the bible tells me how I should live but I have allowed my worldly ways screw up my path. :ohwell: I need Jesus Jesus and more Jesus. I even been in hiding. Ok confession is over. I do need prayer though because I am in some real pain.

shunemite

I just read this post and the other one coz I've been away for sometime. This post has not fallen on deaf ears. I enjoy this forum and am glad it's here. I'll try my best to be more sensitive in the future if a "sticky" topic comes up.

Honeyhips

Lovely
Blossssom said:
I could kiss you! This is all I've ever tried to say.

I'm glad you could express it much more "diplomatically" :)

Moisy, I haven't forgotten you. Hugs to you and Bubln, FOR REAL!
Girl that statement hit like an atomic bomb. It was very powerful. Well for me it was. It opened my eyes to a lot.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

latia said:
:) Country Gal your the best. Bubbln, I printed out that scripture to post around my house and carry in my purse. I really need this w/my serenity prayer:kiss: . Bloossom's statement was on point. I am struggling with three issues that consititutes fraud. I cannot even lie to or for myself because the bible tells me how I should live but I have allowed my worldly ways screw up my path. :ohwell: I need Jesus Jesus and more Jesus. I even been in hiding. Ok confession is over. I do need prayer though because I am in some real pain.

I am so happy to hear this! Not happy because you are struggling,but happy because I can sense your sincerity to do better before the Lord. I really like how you are not making excuses for your behavior. I can truly say that from this post, 'God knows your heart' as far as struggling with pleasing Him vs the flesh.

Sweetyb

I must be really new to this forum because I've never seen any negativity, but thanks for being bold enough to call it out.