"White Folks'" Relaxer?

lonelysky

Baby Chick Gate 2011
I was in Sally's a couple of days ago, and I noticed that they carried a straightening product (anti frizz is how it was stated on one of the boxes) for white people.

I've heard of this before, as three of my friends (all white) have done this to their hair.

One of the boxes said that it was supposed to last for 30 days.

I was wondering if anyone knew exactly what this product is, how it's used, what's in it, and is it safe for type 4 (or 5 :look:) hair.

I kind of wondered if this would be a cheap alternative to BKT?

oops double post!

You might also want to do a search on BKT (Brazilian Keratin Treatment) here on LHCF

I have no idea what this product is. I was simply wanting to know more information on products like the one linked in post 2.

The Jherri Rhedding treatments?

They have thio...

I do not recommend them... tried them twice, and they messed my hair up. I had great curl definition... my hair was lovely, and then it seemed to revert. I admit I went through this semi funky stage where I started bleaching and ended u killing my hair.

Also, I had my Italian/German/Dominican best friend try it while I was still raving, and it did NOTHING for her hair as well....

If you try it, test patch first.... and NO do not put lye or no lye on your hair after!!

Yes, those use thio. Not good for our hair...hardly good for theirs. I have a white friend with curly hair who has tried those and on each occasion hated them. If you're looking for a straightening alternative go with BKT.

the supposedly wash-out straightener from walgreens? lol i tried one when i was natural (i'm type4) didn't do squat!

Thanks. I was curious about what exactly it was. like if it was really a relaxer and just marked differently or if it was a completely different product.

Yes, those use thio. Not good for our hair...hardly good for theirs. I have a white friend with curly hair who has tried those and on each occasion hated them. If you're looking for a straightening alternative go with BKT.

Lol, I was reading the ingredients for the other one posted above. :spinning::drunk: I think a relaxer would be better. This stuff looks like it would clog pores and weaken hair.

Many years ago when my brother used to like to wear his hair slicked back, he used to use this kind of product (like the one in post #2). I would describe it as a very, very mild relaxer. My brother has a really strange hair texture - very coarse and wiry, but mostly straight. That product just took the pouf out of his hair so it could lay down.

They do a "Yuko" straightening system over here. That treatment costs £300 and it's exactly the same price for a touch up too! :eek:

Back