• Eluence

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • other

Votes: 29 49.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Halimah

HEY LHCF LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would like to hear from everyone which haircare line gave you the most inches and how many inches did you achive from it. TIA

I see your a newbie, I still feel like a newbie lol. But I don't think necessarily a haircare line will give you a certain amount of inches, besides growth aids (MTG, MN, BT, sulfur products, etc) its the technique you are using with these products and the way you are preserving your ends so you can retain the inches that you have gained.

I see your a newbie, I still feel like a newbie lol. But I don't think necessarily a haircare line will give you a certain amount of inches, besides growth aids (MTG, MN, BT, sulfur products, etc) its the technique you are using with these products and the way you are preserving your ends so you can retain the inches that you have gained.

I have to differ just a little w/you only b/c some lines do in aid in growing hair I know a lady who got 7in from Kera Care all together but yes I agree on the growth aids as well but I also know b4 I was a member I used certain shampoo's and condt's that gave me growth and I didnt know anything about a MTG or MN mix:nono:

Exactly what she said- I voted other although I've used the above lines with good results I wouldn't attribute them to my growth any similar (even cheaper) products would have worked well with the regimen I have...

I got my length from growing it out as a natural. I lost length(mbl to around bsl) when I relaxed due to wrong products, Affirm Sensitive scalp relaxer and scissor happy stylist. When I started using the Keracare products exclusively and gradually trimming out the no lye, my hair did better. Keracare products are full of mineral oil, petroleum and silicones, none of which are conducive to growth which happens at the scalp. If the products work for you then I can see how they would help with growth RETENTION vs. growth itself, because products like silken seal do form a protective barrier around the hair that can also block out moisture and cause buildup problems, that their first lather shampoo won't help if you have hard water.

to at least answer part of the original question, i like different products from some of the brands listed.

cream of nature has a great detangling shampoo AND the BEST conditioner EVER (with the purple top :drunk:)
nexxus has a great moisturizing conditioner, and some pretty sweet protein reconstructors
keracare's humecto creme conditioner is the bomb diggity

i suppose the key is trying out products until you find what works for your hair.

i do agree with everyone else, and say that products don't give you inches, it's all about how you care for your hair. throw away the tiny combs, the hair grease, turn down the temp. on your heat styling tools and use a heat protectant (if you choose to use them), and handle your hair gently... your hair will thank you for it, and reward you by growing stronger and longer!

The haircare lines that have aided me in retaining the most length would be:

Ojon
WEN

I also like Jane Carter solutions, but have not been using it long enough to say if it helps with growth retention. The nourishing cream makes my hair ubber soft and tangle free so I know its gonna help with retaining growth in the long run!!!

I have to differ just a little w/you only b/c some lines do in aid in growing hair I know a lady who got 7in from Kera Care all together but yes I agree on the growth aids as well but I also know b4 I was a member I used certain shampoo's and condt's that gave me growth and I didnt know anything about a MTG or MN mix:nono:

It probably wasn't the fact that she was using Keracare. There are no special hair growing ingredients in any product unless it is a growth aid. Her hair probably did better because she was using better quality products. Also, it really depends on your hair. Some people's hair reacts differently to different products.

It probably wasn't the fact that she was using Keracare. There are no special hair growing ingredients in any product unless it is a growth aid. Her hair probably did better because she was using better quality products. Also, it really depends on your hair. Some people's hair reacts differently to different products.

:yep::yep:She just happened to find a line that worked well with her hair and she stayed consistent with it so she saw results. If you just stick with products that work well with YOUR hair and stay consistent with healthy hair practices, you will see inches.

I wouldn't say it's the line, but the procedures and good quality ingredients in products. I read the labels and take extra care of my hair.

You can use the best line sent down from the sky above, but if you are killing your hair with the wrong curling irons, flat irons, blow dryers, (to much heat period) and lots of manipulation, the line won't do anything to help retain he inches.

:yep::yep:She just happened to find a line that worked well with her hair and she stayed consistent with it so she saw results. If you just stick with products that work well with YOUR hair and stay consistent with healthy hair practices, you will see inches.

Dang, you could saved me some keystrokes if I read this first! :lol: The bold is what's important!!!!!

I voted other --
Straight Arrow's Original Formula Mane n Tail Shampoo & Conditioner
Straight Arrow's Deep Moisturizing Mane n Tail Shampoo & Conditioner
Will always keep these in my stash forever !

I voted Nexxus... but I also give credit to Cathy Howse's UBH products and methods.

and like another poster mentioned... key is not just with products alone but also how you take care of your hair:yep:

I voted other --
Straight Arrow's Original Formula Mane n Tail Shampoo & Conditioner
Straight Arrow's Deep Moisturizing Mane n Tail Shampoo & Conditioner
Will always keep these in my stash forever !

I'll have to try these products, because I heard the quality is good and you get a lot for your money. I'm wondering if they work well on type 4a/b hair. :perplexed

Back