Which God Do You Know?

Nice & Wavy

By: Pastor James MacDonald

Behold, the Lord GOD will come with might, with His arm ruling for Him. Behold, His reward is with Him and His recompense before Him. Like a shepherd He will tend His flock, in His arm He will gather the lambs and carry them in His bosom; He will gently lead the nursing ewes. - Isaiah 40:10-11

The prophet Isaiah describes God's character with what sounds like a contradiction. Read Isaiah 40:10-11 above. Most people know either the God of verse 10 OR the God of verse 11. Which side of God's nature are you most familiar with? Both are true. Both are powerful.

First description: Verse 10. Do you know the God who rolls up His sleeve, bears His powerful arm, slams it on the table and says, "C'mon people—get it together. Live right." Isaiah says, "Behold, the Lord God will come with might, with His arm ruling for Him. Behold, His reward is with Him, and His recompense [justice] before Him." Have you experienced that strong arm of God? Good! But if that's all you know, then be gripped by His other arm described in verse 11.

Second description: Verse 11. God is a shepherd, scooping up His lambs and carrying them close to Him. "Like a shepherd He will tend His flock, in His arm He will gather the lambs. He will carry them in His bosom; He will gently lead the nursing ewes." In other words, God provides special treatment for special needs. At certain times your shepherd would say, "This one is hurting. Careful of his wound. We're going to have to carry her for a while." This tender arm of God reminds us of His unique and personal care for us.

God has two arms...
One arm is mighty and powerful, demanding holiness and righteousness.
One arm tenderly cares for the weak and wounded.

Almighty and tender... one awesome God.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
My God... My God... My God... Praise Him. :heart2:

God bless you Pastor.. :love2: