Which Denman Brush Should I get???

BlkOnyx488

Hey Ladies
I went to ebay to buy a denman brush. I had not idea there would be so many to choose from.

I have 4a/b hair, just at shoulder length, my tendancy is to get the largest brush, but would that be good for my hair?:perplexed

Thanks all
Here the list of brushes on Ebay
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=Denman+brush

here is a pic of my hair in the fro
afro.jpg

I think most ladies here use the Denman available at Sally's, which is the D3 I believe. It's the one I use too and I love it. Most people seem to like it.

D4 or D5 for really curly long hair. I have the D5 which is the same as the D4 but it's heavier. I'm heavy handed and impatient so a D5 slows my roll.

I originally got the one from Sallys and I wasnt very gentle so I stopped using it. I lost tooo much hair. Recently I purchase the D41 and I have been very please in the fact it doesnt feel like I am loosing too much hair. Mostly just shed hair. On NC.com they have a thread about this to if you want to check it out.

I didn't know there were so many choices!!!! I have the classic D4. I picked it up from Sally, but would like something a little bit stiffer. The middle part gives easily which might be a good thing. I don't know. I would love to try the paddle brush.

hell, i can't find a denman to save my life. and i aint trying to order it online and end up paying double when factoring in s/h. sigh!

Most of the stores on ebay, selling the brushes, Have free shipping.

In my State that means no taxes and no shipping:grin:
hell, i can't find a denman to save my life. and i aint trying to order it online and end up paying double when factoring in s/h. sigh!

I have the D1431 and the D3.

I don't find any huge difference between the brushes.

The D1431 is a 5 row, more widely spaced brush. On some level, I feel that it may cause less damage because it has widely spaced bristles, and less rows than the other brushes. It is smaller than the D31 and D41.

So I use mainly the D1431 for detangling now. I'll keep the D3 for those times I need really EXTRA smoothing... like for a bun/updo/rollerset or something.

Not sure if it was this thread but thanks for putting birthofbeauty.com out there. I purchased and received my denman D31 from that site and it was in stock and cheaper than sally's... YAY! Now let's hope my hair loves it. :yep:

For 4b hair it's best to get D41 because the bristles are more spaced out. I also just ordered a 31 for my daughter...from www.birthofbeauty.com

Back