Where in the UK?

marlajoyw

Hey ladies,

I'm heading up to school in the UK next month, and everyone always asks me where in London I'm going to be. :wallbash: I'm actually going to be further south in Portsmouth, and wanted to see where else in the UK (aside from London) the ladies on the forum are.

If there's already a thread like this apologies, I did a really perfunctory search before I created this thread.

So UK ladies, can you please post your location (London too), and if you have any good BSSs, or hair dressers/stylists (for those of you that use them) in your area, please let us know as well.

TIA

Hey ladies,

I'm heading up to school in the UK next month, and everyone always asks me where in London I'm going to be. :wallbash: I'm actually going to be further south in Portsmouth, and wanted to see where else in the UK (aside from London) the ladies on the forum are.

If there's already a thread like this apologies, I did a really perfunctory search before I created this thread.

So UK ladies, can you please post your location (London too), and if you have any good BSSs, or hair dressers/stylists (for those of you that use them) in your area, please let us know as well.

TIA

Hiya you. :grin:

Welcome to the UK (for when you arrive).

Check out the links in my siggie for some of the information you seek - if you haven't come across them already.

Sx

marlajoyw

Thanks Sunrise! I'm starting to get excited. :drunk: It's been a decade since I was last in England, and 5 yrs since I've been to Europe so I'm looking forward to it. :grin:

I'm also concerned about how my hair will adjust to the climate. Planning on BCing pretty soon after I get there. Any tips?

Thanks again!

I live in Bromley, which is Kent, but it also counts as being in London, lol. There are no black hair shops in my own town :nono:, but I always go to Catford for that stuff :yep:. I'm sure there are plenty of other places in London that have good black beauty supplies, generally the places that are highly populated with black people :grin:

Vintageglam

OP I used to go to university in hampshire. My advice if you need anything get on the train to Southampton (20-30 minutes?) where there are afew BSS's and hair dressers for Afro hair.

Thanks Sunrise! I'm starting to get excited. :drunk: It's been a decade since I was last in England, and 5 yrs since I've been to Europe so I'm looking forward to it. :grin:

I'm also concerned about how my hair will adjust to the climate. Planning on BCing pretty soon after I get there. Any tips?

Thanks again!

Hiya Marla

You'll have a great time and experience.

Forgive me if I am teaching you to suck eggs....

The one of the main problem you will have when you come over is the effect of hard water on your hair. From my experience, switching to a non-sulphate shampoo and using Apple Cider Vinegar (I couldn't find it so I bought white vinegar - works just as well) to combat the effects helps.

The other problem as you know is the weather. Just need to add - damn British Summer :wallbash:!!! When you come over, step up your DC (weekly if you don't do so already). Oh, and keep it moisturised.

I'm pretty I've missed some stuff and sure others will step in with info to help you out.

Sx

Curly Luul

Hi..... I live in East London and there are few BSS in different parts in east london. I go to Stratford or Green Street in upton park mostly.

marlajoyw

Thanks CherryCherryBoomBoom and PositivelyRadiant. I like exploring so it'll be an adventure for me to find these places. :grin: Hopefully my fam in London can help me out a bit too.

Forgive me if I am teaching you to suck eggs.... :lachen:

The one of the main problem you will have when you come over is the effect of hard water on your hair. From my experience, switching to a non-sulphate shampoo and using Apple Cider Vinegar (I couldn't find it so I bought white vinegar - works just as well) to combat the effects helps.

Thanks again Sunrise. The bolded is not really bad news for me as the water here in the Bahamas is hard as well. I will definitely keep in mind the ACV though. I'm a pretty low mani girl but I've tried it once or twice.