Where have you seen improvements

I have not applied any heat to my hair for about 2 months now and I can see a huge difference in my hair. Less shedding and hair is already getting thicker. I have now decided I will use heat extremely rarely. I hate that I was not being kind to my hair before but lesson learned.

Aside from length, I have achieved an increase in thickness, although not technically because my hair is very fine, but dense. So I guess I'm retaining more and/or not thinning it out. And I don't need trims as often. Moisture retention is better; I've always struggled with bad porosity, either too much or not enough.

My hair has gotten thicker (individual strands) and breakage has decreased dramatically in the past month. I have Ayurveda and consistent DC's to thank for that.

Moisturized hair is my saving grace. My hair is never dry, my scalp gets dry before the hair does.

I have even gotten better recently with the wet hair combing and manipulation, that will help tremendously with keeping my hair healthy as it grows out.

Good thread!

Moisture, strength, patience, and knowledge for me.

I'm still working on this scalp of mine for the rest of the winter. I got some prescription cream from a dermatologist, I am hoping to see results from that.

I finally put a stop to the breakage :yay: It was getting bad! :cry3: But after a few Aphogee 2 step treatments, it's like I have a whole new head of hair. When I did my hair this time, I got a fifth of the broken hairs I used to get.

LUSCIOUS thickness and length. I'm slowly but surely falling in love with my hair as it gets even longer and thicker so that I can try out new styles.

I would definitely say thickness. I stop using heat and switched from no-lye to lye relaxers. Stretching has helped tremendously too. I was just thinking today how difficult it is now to get my hair into a decent smooth ponytail... at first I was annoyed and irritated, but then thought of it as a positive because that means my hair is thickening up. :yay:

My hair is stronger and has way fewer split ends. And my nape has filled in!!!

hi MarieB, congratulations on getting your nape filled in!!!:grin:

that is surely one tough area to fix!!!

how did you do it?

thanks!

I've seen improvements in my styling skills -- bunning for one -- I had no clue how to bun, and made terrible buns. With lots of practice, now my buns look great.

Also, I've improved my skills in airdrying results.

I got my porosity in check! I put an end to all that ridiculous breakage! I never have dry dull hair anymore! Yay! I can even go an entire week without using heat and still have fly looking hair.
I am so grateful for the knowledge I've gained from this site. My next challenges are increased strand thickness, increased growth rate and increased density at the front hairline.

well, i think the most accurate areas of improvement will be seen after i realx, but while getting ready for that, i see that it has already been a huge improvement just to have stretched this long.

before i had never been able to go past 3 months before jumping to the perm.

today made my fourth month without perming, for the first time ever!

Back