Where can I find Palm *Nut/Kernel* Oil

RedVelvet310

It's the main ingredient found in Ojon hair products. I've been researching and apparently Palm Oil and Palm *Nut/Kernel* Oil are two totally different things. I'm from Canada so if anyone knows where I can find this raw product online that'd be so helpful =D

TIA xoxo

RedVelvet310

Hey you can get it from newdirectionsaromatics.com they have a canada site too I think.

They sell Palm Oil.. not Palm Kernel Oil (from the site):: Description: There is often a lot of confusion over Palm Kernel oil and Palm Oil. Both can be used interchangeably, but there are differences. Palm Oil is derived from the palm fruit whereas palm kernel comes from the kernel of the fruit.

Palm Kernel Oil is basically 'the secret' behind Ojon hair products (that and lecithin..sp? which is found in egg yolk). I do know girls with loong hair who swear by egg yolk mixed with an oil.. so I thought I'd try Palm Kernel Oil... a product used by the Miskito Indians... who are known as 'the people of beautiful hair' (haha look at me using Ojon commercials as reference). Apparently Palm Kernel Oil is really good for the hair. But I can't seem to find it anywhere. But I'm DEFINATELY bookmarking this website, I KNOW it will come in handy, thank you!

xoxo

JustKiya

Thanks... whoa... $65.00 for 5gallons, whereas if i bought this from Sephora it'd be $65 for a 33oz bottle. Have you ever tried palm nut oil? If so has it worked for you?

Honestly, I'm not sure! A member here has sent me some twice, and I THINK it was palm kernel oil, but I'm not totally sure. It's fabulous though - I'd like to try a small sample of it before I purchase the whole thing. Hrm, I wonder if FNWL would send me one.

ETA:
http://www.camdengrey.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SRCH&Search=palm+kernel

Camden grey is MUCH cheaper than FNWL.

:wow: That IS much cheaper.

Last edited:

JustKiya

• :notworthy ahhh I love you LHCF girls! I'm so happy I paid for the full membership and didn't remain a lurker, my favourites list is overflowinggggg with haircare website (I actually have your blog Kiya in that list:blush:)
:blush: :grin: I'm glad you liked it enough to bookmark! I really need to update it. :look:

charmtreese

It's the main ingredient found in Ojon hair products. I've been researching and apparently Palm Oil and Palm *Nut/Kernel* Oil are two totally different things. I'm from Canada so if anyone knows where I can find this raw product online that'd be so helpful =D

TIA xoxo

I was watching QVC and Denis Simioni the maker of Ojon said that his particular ingredient what he calls "ojon oil" is found exclusively in his products and cannot be found in any other product in the world. Yes, it is palm oil, but not the red palm oil that you can get from the grocery store or health food store. He claims that the palm oil that is sold elsewhere comes from trees that have been genetically engineered to grow larger nuts, so more oil can be produced. The nuts that are produced are red and much larger then the green nuts that are harvested for ojon.

Cleve_gryl

Thanks. So does it have a smell at all? If so, how would you describe it?
It is a bit strange, hard to describe...I just sniffed it, and it does smell like an oil you'd cook with. Not like anything else I've ever smelled :ohwell: but not weird enough not to use it.

RedVelvet310

I was watching QVC and Denis Simioni the maker of Ojon said that his particular ingredient what he calls "ojon oil" is found exclusively in his products and cannot be found in any other product in the world. Yes, it is palm oil, but not the red palm oil that you can get from the grocery store or health food store. He claims that the palm oil that is sold elsewhere comes from trees that have been genetically engineered to grow larger nuts, so more oil can be produced. The nuts that are produced are red and much larger then the green nuts that are harvested for ojon.

Hmm interesting marketing lol. I just heard a lot of good things about Ojon products and how their ingredients DID actually work.. but for $65.00 for palm oil thats from supposed 'genetically modified tree' is pretty ridiculous. So I did some research and found out that the two main ingredients were palm NUT oil and lecithin. Originally when I saw palm nut oil i thought 'oh palm oil... I can get that easy', but after further investigation I found out palm oil and palm NUT oil are very different, and it's palm NUT oil that is used in OJON products. If the only thing ojon does differently to their trees is modify it so the tree can produce more oil, thats ok cause I only need it for me :lachen:, but yah palm NUT oil and lecithin are the two main ingredients.. so my theory is if I used Palm Nut Oil and Lecithin (which is found in egg yolks) as some kind of mask I may be able to improve the health of my hair. For a couple dollars I'm willing to attempt it some time soon.. its a LOT better then paying a small fortune (being the university student I am anything over 30bucks is a small fortune) on Ojon.

DivaD04

myronnie, thx 4 post'n this. i've been looking for palm kernal oil, instead of red palm oil.

Bri505 the oil from ojon will carry you a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way....:lachen: his hair treatment should be used lightly if using alone and it will break your forehead out so if you plan to make the palm nut plunge i
suggest using this oil with caution....:grin: and if you like or can stand the smell of chocolate covered ciggerettes, b/c that jar of oil does have a peculliar...did i spell that right?...i didn't i know i didn't...anyhoo, scent. but each jar suppose to be made different , but don't be dissapointed if ur's smell just as bad as mine. i can tolerate it when i poo mine out tho or add other p's to it.

charmtreese

Hmm interesting marketing lol. I just heard a lot of good things about Ojon products and how their ingredients DID actually work.. but for $65.00 for palm oil thats from supposed 'genetically modified tree' is pretty ridiculous. So I did some research and found out that the two main ingredients were palm NUT oil and lecithin. Originally when I saw palm nut oil i thought 'oh palm oil... I can get that easy', but after further investigation I found out palm oil and palm NUT oil are very different, and it's palm NUT oil that is used in OJON products. If the only thing ojon does differently to their trees is modify it so the tree can produce more oil, thats ok cause I only need it for me :lachen:, but yah palm NUT oil and lecithin are the two main ingredients.. so my theory is if I used Palm Nut Oil and Lecithin (which is found in egg yolks) as some kind of mask I may be able to improve the health of my hair. For a couple dollars I'm willing to attempt it some time soon.. its a LOT better then paying a small fortune (being the university student I am anything over 30bucks is a small fortune) on Ojon.

NO, he claims that his oil is "wildcrafted" and does not come from trees that have been genetically altered to grow the larger red nuts! His oil comes from smaller green nuts and are harvested only for the ojon oil. :spinning: There might be a tape of it on QVC.com I'll see if I can find it!

Mahalialee4

So is he trying to front that HE IS THE ONLY ONE THEY WILL SELL THESE NUTS TO?
If I was able to get hold of some of the nuts, I know how to make the oil!

DivaD04

So is he trying to front that HE IS THE ONLY ONE THEY WILL SELL THESE NUTS TO?
If I was able to get hold of some of the nuts, I know how to make the oil!

basically on his site i think he's simply raving on about how he's in contract with the mopawi people. if i read correctly there used to be others who woul get the nuts from the village but ojon bought them out....that's why not one time do u see the name palm nut oil but ojon oil. unless any of u see the original name palm nut oil on that dog on his site. that damn name ojone is so bad, that even the tree was renamed to ojon tree.