Where can I find a SILK Scarf or Bonnet???

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Where can I find a SILK Scarf or Bonnet??? I have a satin scarf and bonnet but would like to try silk...When I asked Sally's if they had any, they just point me to the satin scarfs...so does certain beauty supply stores I have went to. Any suggestions on places to get one???

Tai

Try www.tenderheaded.com. They have silk scarfs and pillow cases. Real silk can be hard to find at most BSS.

HTH

Kha

I've seen them at the BSS. You can also make some by going to your nearest fabric store, this is what I usually do.

chocolate01

I usually find that BSS stores have satin scarves but I second the idea of going to a fabric store for silk that's where I got mine.

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
What's the difference (satin...silk) as far as haircare? Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking silk would feel better and treat your hair better. I sometimes feel like the satin scarf I have is like a cotton scarf...the satin texture of it wears away after wearing it for a while.

kitchen_tician

I got my 100% silk scarf from a department store. It was regularly priced at $65.00
but it was on sale for 75% off. (so about $16.00)

LEOLADYSW

I Have Not Been Able to Find Real Silk Bonnets to Wear at Night, Either in the Store or on the Internet. I Hate Those Satin Polyester Ones I Found in the Store.
What I Did, in the Last Two Days Was to Take a 36 Inch Square Old Silk Scarf I Had and Cut it in Four Equal Squares.
Then, I Took a Restaurant Sized Pot Lid and Traced an 18 Inch Circle in Each of the 4 Squares. I Cut the Circles Out.
Then I Sewed a Narrow Sleeve Around the Outside of Each Circle. I Then Took a Satin Ribbon and with a Tiny Safety Pin, Inserted it in the Sleeve, So the Bonnet Would Gather and I Could Tie it On.
Voila! I Had 4 Real Silk Bonnets to Wear on My Hair at Night out of One Old Silk Scarf!
Try It. It Is Easy. What Do You Think of My Idea?

LEOLADYSW

Thanks Isis. I checked the site, and they don't have real silk bonnets. I have polyester satin pillowcases, but I need a bonnet because otherwise my hair just is a nest when I wake up. I sleep like a wild woman. Silk scarves just end up on the floor or is lost in the covers within a few hours no matter how I try to tie them on, and they are uncomfortable for me. But thanks a lot for the info!

Isis

Have you tried a silk or satin pillowcase Leoladysw? I lose my silk and satin scarves sometimes while sleeping but my pillowcase is my backup.

LEOLADYSW

I have lots of satin pillowcases, but when I wake up, I look like medusa, and my poor hair is tangled without a bonnet.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">Hi, PoohBear. I found on ebay they have a variety of silk scarves that you might be interested in. I'm in the process of purchasing a dozen scarves for $5.99 + $2.99 shipping. You really can't beat the sale on that. Can't wait to get these babies. I really need a silk scarf for my hair instead of my durag. </font>

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
i get my silk scarves at department stores Marshall Fields, Dillards Neiman marcus etc but only if they are on clearance from the range of $.99-6.99 or i go to good will they always have silk scarves from .49 for the type best used as a headband to $.99 for the big square ones. of course i was them as soon as i go home

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">BTW, your friend did a real nice job on your braids. So neat and professionally done. </font>

SouthernGirl

[ QUOTE ]
Tai said:
Try www.tenderheaded.com. They have silk scarfs and pillow cases. Real silk can be hard to find at most BSS.

This is a great website! I ordered satin accessories from them before and was very satified. Question: Do you recommend silk over satin? I may order silk next time.

HTH

[/ QUOTE ]

Poohbear

I finally found an 100% silk scarf!!!!

I found one at Lerner for $16.00 but it was 30% off so I got it for approx. $11.00. I love the silk scarf so much better than my so-called satin scarf that promises to grow your hair longer.

oglorious1

Mixologist
I just purchased a silk scarf from jingjingart, for a total of $6.00(included the shipping and handling), then I turned around and bought a lot of twelve HUUUGGGEE silk scarves for about $14.00(included the shipping), I'm keeping two of them and giving the rest for Christmas gifts.

Leslie_C

hmmm, now u have me wondering the difference. whats the difference between silk and satin as far as protecting the hair?

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I LOVE her scarves!
I bought so many, she probably thought I was a stalker!
I wear her scarves when people are around. Normally I wear my cheapie drawstring bonnets.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
hmmm, now u have me wondering the difference. whats the difference between silk and satin as far as protecting the hair?

[/ QUOTE ]
Silk is a natural fiber allowing your hair to breathe as it protects. Silk also feels luxurious when worn on the hair. I have silk scarves (from tenderheaded.com) which are pretty enough to wear out. My silk pillowcases protect in the same way and feel good against my skin.
If one doesn't have silk, then satin is the next best thing for a scarf or pillowcase.

moneychaser

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
I love your creativity Leoladysw!

I bought my silk scarves at www.tenderheaded.com as was mentioned before. They look great out in public too. I also have the silk pillowcase.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just ordered a silk scarf for 4.95