When should I clarify

A

AmilLion

Good Afternoon Ladies.

I was wondering. I've been using the Elucence Moisturizing Shampoo which contains no sulfates. Using this shampoo, how often should I use a clarifying shampoo?

On wash day, I lather 2x with Elucence Moisturizing Shampoo, condition with CPR for 25-30 minutes (under dryer), followed by Moisturfuse for 10 minutes (no heat). After I spray my hair with Arosci Leave in and roller set.

On a daily basis, I spray Ultra Black Hair Dew Mist every other night and everyday I use Elasta QP Mango Butter for moisture and spray my hair with Elucence Shine Spray for sheen. I wash my hair every 5 days.

For me this has been working like a charm, I have little to no hair shed during the week, even during my wet comb outs. But I was wondering, when should I clarify? I usually clarify after a relaxer to remove any buildup. Is this enough?

LondonDiva

Hey Amil

I think it depends on the individual. You can normally feel and tell when your hair hasn't been cleaned properly and during these times is when the hair needs clarifying. It probably wouldn't shine or hold a style very well and feel quite limp from the product build up. If the way you wash your hair now is fine and you suffer no build up from it then carry on with your regime, if not then basically everytime you have too much build up would need to clarify your hair.