When Does Your Stylist Trim Your Hair?

Ambitious1013

Last week my stylist did my touch up after 10 weeks. She trimmed my hair while the base was on my scalp. :confused: Is this normal? I don't recall her doing this before and this is the third relaxer she has done for me. I have been very pleased with my trims from her but this one is a different story. A few people at work mentioned that my hair looked shorter. :perplexed I'll be taking pictures soon to compare.

When does your stylist trim your hair???

tricie

That does sound kinda weird, ambitious! :confused:

My beautician usually trims mine when it's dry, after she has combed down the wrap, right before she flat irons it.

HTH!

baglady215

I get trims at the Dominican salon, but I'm thinking of getting dry trims from Supercuts or somewhere. The Dominican stylist does it when my hair is wet, right before she rolls it.

Never heard of this before, did you ask her why she did it? It seem the hair cut would be uneven because the cut was done before the relaxer. Sorry this happened. When I went to stylists my trim was always after the relaxer and blow dry, but before the curls.

angie10

When I do go to a stylist, She trims my hair after it's dry. I never heard anyone doing it the way your stylis does it, can't wait to see your pics.

sky_blu

I get trimmed usually doing relaxer time and when its dry. But I have had it cut while it was wet before (I think)

Ambitious1013

EbonyHairedPrincess said:
Never heard of this before, did you ask her why she did it? It seem the hair cut would be uneven because the cut was done before the relaxer. Sorry this happened. When I went to stylists my trim was always after the relaxer and blow dry, but before the curls.
Thanks! :) I didn't ask her about it at the time because I have been very pleased. I'll admit I was sitting there thinking.....is this suppose to be happening?? Next time I will tell her to trim it after the relaxer.

Ambitious1013

MissMadaam said:
That does sound strange. What was the end result? mine trims mine when its dry
I believe that it looks like the December's length picture. :( She made a comment that my hair was hangin. Well, it's not quite "hangin" anymore. :lol:

The comparison pictures will help me when I take them. I am starting to believe that the trim while the base in my hair caused the end result.

MrsHouston

Ambitious1013 said:
Last week my stylist did my touch up after 10 weeks. She trimmed my hair while the base was on my scalp. :confused: Is this normal? I don't recall her doing this before and this is the third relaxer she has done for me. I have been very pleased with my trims from her but this one is a different story. A few people at work mentioned that my hair looked shorter. :perplexed I'll be taking pictures soon to compare.

When does your stylist trim your hair???

Sounds like she was trying to save time. I'm not even sure how a stylist can tell just how much should be cut while the base is in the hair...it's not hangin straight or anything. I'd be questioning her work also.

Ambitious1013

MrsHouston said:
Sounds like she was trying to save time. I'm not even sure how a stylist can tell just how much should be cut while the base is in the hair...it's not hangin straight or anything. I'd be questioning her work also.
I think you are right MrsHouston!!! I talked to her before she started and told her that I needed to be somewhere at a certain time. I asked her if she would have time to do my relaxer and color (which I do LOVE but that's another thread for another day :lol:) or just do the relaxer.

Thanks ladies for the suggestions! Keep them coming! :)

ravenmerlita

I've never heard of trimming like that. I can't figure out how that would save time?

My hairdresser trims my hair while it's wet right after it's been washed and conditioned. Then after it is blown dry, he checks the ends again and will trim a little more if necessary.