When did I become a product expert??

Cleve_gryl

Today after work I decided to stop at Wild Oats Market to do some shopping. Of course, I ended up in the hair care isle. As I browsed the shelves, a woman was looking at hair coloring and seemed pretty confused. She was holding a jar of something called Henna Paste in brown, but I knew it wasn't our beloved henna powder. So I slid next to her and intruded on her (rude I know) and asked her what she was looking at. She showed me the container and I immediately told her she didn't want this stuff. I asked her if she'd heard of henna powder and she said no. So I proceeded to tell her everything I knew and even told her about the Indian grocery around the corner to get it. I told her to look it up on the internet if she was still unsure. She thanked me a million times and left!! :)

After doing a little shopping, I somehow ended up back in the hair care isle :ohwell: . This time a woman was looking for deep conditioners. I heard the sales associate (a chipper young blonde girl with frazzled ends) recommend some product I'd never heard of before. She said it did wonders on her hair! HUH?! Anyways, after she walked away I slid next to woman #2 and asked what she was looking for. I recommended the AO con, and as I did I could see her scanning my hair and rightfully so! Would you take advice from someone that looked like this :antlers:? I told her how to use it (and she needed some help), she thanked me and put the conditioner in her cart. Shew...so when did I all of a sudden become an expert where I can confidently recommend products to strangers in the store?! I thought this was funny and just wanted to share!

Cleve_gryl said:
I recommended the AO con, and as I did I could see her scanning my hair and rightfully so! Would you take advice from someone that looked like this :antlers:? I told her how to use it (and she needed some help), she thanked me and put the conditioner in her cart. Shew...so when did I all of a sudden become an expert where I can confidently recommend products to strangers in the store?! I thought this was funny and just wanted to share!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I totally agree, but this till cracked me up! I only give hair advice to my family so far, I am too shy to give it to anyone else.:(

I think it's great that your'e sharing your knowledge!
I wish somebody would have helped me out before coming here:perplexed . Now, I'm sharing everything I learn about great products with other ladies! :p

I think that's awesome...I recommended ORS replenishing pack last week to a caucasian lady with a mixed daughter who's hair she had relaxed herself and it was bone dry! Expecially on the ends! I felt like I had done a good deed that day. :D

I did the samething in Sally's. The cashier was pissed, she was trying to push a super relaxer on this woman, I told the lady to get a mild and if she felt a mild wouldn't do to get a regular. I also suggested protein for after the relaxer. She was soo happy but that cashier was MAD because the customer went with my suggestions.

You guys are really too funny...I'm just another newbie here and not quite that confident, yet...But I've got lots of advice from you guys...Have been reading your forum for about two months now and LUV all of the suggestions...Some day hopefully I'll do the same at our local Sally's...PS) I'm definitely a PJ all the way!!

KEWLKAT103 said:
I think it's great that your'e sharing your knowledge!
I wish somebody would have helped me out before coming here:perplexed . Now, I'm sharing everything I learn about great products with other ladies! :p

I totally agree. I wish I had someone with your knowledge kind enough to help me out. Bless you :)

Cleve_gryl said:
Today after work I decided to stop at Wild Oats Market to do some shopping. Of course, I ended up in the hair care isle. As I browsed the shelves, a woman was looking at hair coloring and seemed pretty confused. She was holding a jar of something called Henna Paste in brown, but I knew it wasn't our beloved henna powder. So I slid next to her and intruded on her (rude I know) and asked her what she was looking at. She showed me the container and I immediately told her she didn't want this stuff. I asked her if she'd heard of henna powder and she said no. So I proceeded to tell her everything I knew and even told her about the Indian grocery around the corner to get it. I told her to look it up on the internet if she was still unsure. She thanked me a million times and left!! :)

After doing a little shopping, I somehow ended up back in the hair care isle :ohwell: . This time a woman was looking for deep conditioners. I heard the sales associate (a chipper young blonde girl with frazzled ends) recommend some product I'd never heard of before. She said it did wonders on her hair! HUH?! Anyways, after she walked away I slid next to woman #2 and asked what she was looking for. I recommended the AO con, and as I did I could see her scanning my hair and rightfully so! Would you take advice from someone that looked like this :antlers:? I told her how to use it (and she needed some help), she thanked me and put the conditioner in her cart. Shew...so when did I all of a sudden become an expert where I can confidently recommend products to strangers in the store?! I thought this was funny and just wanted to share!

:lachen: :lachen: :lol: you made my day , i'm laughing right now so hard , you're toooo funny..... I admire your boldness I wish I could do it there is so much poor hair where I'm leaving I want to give advices but I'm just too shy!!!!!

Last edited:
Back