Whats Your Regimen to reach your goal?

Today I broke down and went to supercuts. Even though I dusted two weeks ago, I still wanted my ends of my layers to be trimmed. I am pleased with my results. Luckly, I did not run into a sissor happy stylist

She listened and worked with me on every snip. I asked to see exactly what she was doing with the mirror.

I started by telling her under no circumstances do I want more that a 1/2 inch cut off.

I also got my BBD Stretch Creme in the mail today. From the label, it seems like it is going to work pretty well. I just love all my products !!! I totally appreciate how each one does something different.

My regmine is going to be the following:

Deep Condition 2X a week alternating with the following products:

*Silicone Mix mixed with Miss Keys 10 en 1- Moisture
*BBD Stretch Creme - Moisture & Protien Balance
*Paul Mitchel Tea Tree Conditioner - Scalp Stimulator
*Mizani Kerafuse mixed with Mizani Moisturefues- Protein/Moisturizer
*Dudley's DRC 28 - HEAVY Protien - used only once every two months
*Dudley's Mask Treatment - Moisture Aromatherapy
*Dominican Silk Worm Product - Moisture

After washing, I apply MTG to my roots only VERY SPARINGLY!!

My Daily Routine will be the following applied in the Morning & Night:

* BBD Stretch Creme (Water Based Moisturizer w/ Protien) Applied Roots to Ends I am applying this to my whole hair shaft because I have noticed breakage from 4to5 inches up the hair shaft. I think I have been concentrating too much on my ends and ignoring demacration lines higher up the shaft.

After it dries in 15 min, (It is water based) I will then then apply the following to my ends:

* Dudley's PCA Moisturizer mixed w/ KeraCare Hair Essential Oils - To Ends
* Elasta QP Mango Butter - Applied to seal Ends

After washing, I will always air dry and after application of products, I use the caruso steam rollers when I wear my hair down. The steam heat from the steam rollers is not damaging to my hair in any way.

Days I wear my hair in a baggie, I will Baggie with S-Curl.

This should get me to Bra Strap with Healthy Ends. My goal is June/July!

Whats Yours?

yay! I like to post my regimen!

Shampoo once a week with ntm (with a pre poo made of v05 conditioner, egg and evoo) deep condition with suave milk and honey with evoo and honey.

rinse hair with warm water and deep condition with suave milk and honey (and honey+evoo) once a week.

Every other day of the week I co wash with watered down v05 conditioner.

Once a month I use elasta qp breakage control serum with heat, deep condition wth heat with luster pink revitalex conditioner (evoo+honey) and use porosity control.

Once a month I use aphogee 2-min keratin with heat, deep condition wth heat with luster pink revitalex conditioner (evoo+honey) and use porosity control.

After washing my hair, I apply leave-in (luster's revitalex+water), oil (evoo+vitale mo' body oil) and gel (fantasia gel with sparkleites) and air dry.

Every 4 months I do a touch up with pcj lye relaxer.

I press my hair out OCCASSONALLY. I haven't done it since august :yay:

I trim 1/4 of an inch every month.

My hair has began growing like a weed since February. It went from above ear length in February to the middle of my neck (about 3 inches from shoulder length) and is already shoulder length in the back (even when not straightened! In february it was 3 inches from shoulder length in the back)

I am currently changing things around (again)
I usually get a salon wash, set and wrap every 2 weeks.
I wash,wrap and flatiron myself in between
relaxer touchup btwn 9-12 weeks
wash with CON-cheapie-water mix. Condition with conditioner gumbo and Garnier fructis smooth and straight.
Apply leave ins, setting foam, wet wrap. Dry partially under bonnet dryer. Apply moisturizer, put on scarf go to bed. Flat iron in morning.
Moisturize ends nightly and rewrap either with or without rollers.

Co wash -5 times a week.
Spritz with glycerin/water/jamaica black castor oil and a little rosemary oil.
Oil scalp and hair at nite- with mixture of rosemary oil, sweet almond oil and wheatgerm oil or jamaica black castor oil.(apply thin plastic cap-go to sleep)

On shampoo days:
Once a week pre-treat hair with castor oil-massage in apply plastic cap- leave on for 1 to 2 hours
Shampoo
Rinse-out conditioner
Deep condition with cholesterol or lamaur's bone marrow

on other shampoo day- just shampoo and condition

one to two times a month do a protein treatment

trim every 3-4 months as needed.

Here's mine:
CWs & poo once a week;i love vo5 oasis(all 3) for cws right now
H20 at least 8 glasses per day
vitamins; i listed these on another thread
healthy eating as much as possible :grin:
exercising at least 4x a week; revs up the circulation
protective styles buns & twists that are air dryed w/scarf
paragon shower filter
deep condish/hot oil treatments w/heat 10-15 min;1x/week

In the future:I will have a steamer in shower stall and a whole house water softening system.

Last edited:
SerenityBreeze said:
Today I broke down and went to supercuts. Even though I dusted two weeks ago, I still wanted my ends of my layers to be trimmed. I am pleased with my results. Luckly, I did not run into a sissor happy stylist

She listened and worked with me on every snip. I asked to see exactly what she was doing with the mirror.

I started by telling her under no circumstances do I want more that a 1/2 inch cut off.

I also got my BBD Stretch Creme in the mail today. From the label, it seems like it is going to work pretty well. I just love all my products !!! I totally appreciate how each one does something different.

My regmine is going to be the following:

Deep Condition 2X a week alternating with the following products:

*Silicone Mix mixed with Miss Keys 10 en 1- Moisture
*BBD Stretch Creme - Moisture & Protien Balance
*Paul Mitchel Tea Tree Conditioner - Scalp Stimulator
*Mizani Kerafuse mixed with Mizani Moisturefues- Protein/Moisturizer
*Dudley's DRC 28 - HEAVY Protien - used only once every two months
*Dudley's Mask Treatment - Moisture Aromatherapy
*Dominican Silk Worm Product - Moisture

After washing, I apply MTG to my roots only VERY SPARINGLY!!

My Daily Routine will be the following applied in the Morning & Night:

* BBD Stretch Creme (Water Based Moisturizer w/ Protien) Applied Roots to Ends I am applying this to my whole hair shaft because I have noticed breakage from 4to5 inches up the hair shaft. I think I have been concentrating too much on my ends and ignoring demacration lines higher up the shaft.

After it dries in 15 min, (It is water based) I will then then apply the following to my ends:

* Dudley's PCA Moisturizer mixed w/ KeraCare Hair Essential Oils - To Ends
* Elasta QP Mango Butter - Applied to seal Ends

After washing, I will always air dry and after application of products, I use the caruso steam rollers when I wear my hair down. The steam heat from the steam rollers is not damaging to my hair in any way.

Days I wear my hair in a baggie, I will Baggie with S-Curl.

This should get me to Bra Strap with Healthy Ends. My goal is June/July!

Whats Yours?

I really like your method! Sounds solid! Please let us (me) know how the BBD stretch is working for you...I really want to get this product badly!!!

What I will be doing is as follows:

1. I will be doing the C&G challenge this year...I think I will have about 8 sets of braids....I will only be out of braids for 1-1.5 months.

2. WHile in braids I will spray my ends with Sta-Sof-Fro twice daily (NorthEastern Winters are brutal!), I'm not sure if I will continue to do MTG but if I do I will be using it on my scalp like 2-3 times a week! I will wash once a week with diluted shampoo and when I'm complete I will spray a leave-in treatment all around and the spray my Sof-Fro on my ends. When I take out my braids I will do an Aphogee treatment one week, a Nexxus Emergencee on week 2, A deep protein treatment on week 3 and a moisturizing treatment on week 4 etc...

3. WHile my hair is out of braids I will Elasta's recovery for moisture or mixtures of SHea, Avocado and mango butters. I will hopefully get BBD stretch to help me out as well.

4. I will mostly do co-washes in between my deep treatments to help with the NG. I will wear styles like twistouts, braidouts, and knotouts and the occasional bun.

5. I will implement certain moisture retaining methods like oiling the last 3 inches of my hair, doing the baggie method etc. I will use Elasta's mango butter to smooth out my edges and for moisture as well. Hopefully this will help me reach beyond bra-length by June of 06!:)

Here's mine:

-Shampoo & Condition twice a week:

Mondays:
1)Hot oil treatment for 10 mins
2)Shampoo w/NTM Cream Lather Shampoo or CON green label
3)Deep Condition w/Motions CPR. Plastic cap & hooded dryer for 35 mins.

Thursdays:
1)Hot oil treatment for 5 mins
2)Shampoo w/NTM Cream Lather Shampoo or CON green label
3)Condition w/NTM Daily Deep Conditioner mixed w/Creme of Nature Nourishing Conditioner. Leave on 10 mins w/plastic cap & towel wrapped around.

Leave In Products:

-Spray Motions Nourish Leave-In throughout hair.
-Apply WGHO to scalp and edges (damp hair).
-Apply NTM Silk Touch Leave-In Cream throughout hair. Apply WGHO sparingly to hair, comb through, and air dry.

-Clarify once every 2 weeks w/Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo.
-Dust ends (1/4" or less) every relaxer touch-up (every 4 months).
-No heat, no salons, no stylists. Continue self-relaxing...it yields the best results and leaves my hair in the healthiest state.
-Protective styles as much as possible.

Last edited:
My regimen:

Conditioner wash daily

deep condition 2 times a week

Hot oil treatment once a week

wear baggie method 100% of the time

Follow the crown of glory braids regimen

relax my hair every 15 months

Trim my hair about 1 inch every 16 months

Wash my hair with shampoo or rinse with apple cider vinegar once a month

use MTG,SURGE,ESSENTIAL OILS, AND DOO GROW SUPER on my scalp every other day.

Spray a mixture of infusium 23, water, aloe vera juice s-curl, glycerine ,sodium
lactate, and conditioner on my hair 2 to 3 times a day on my hair.

Eat 4 eggs every day, eat alot of green foods, fish, protien shakes, exercise, drink aot of water, vitamins

Last edited:
* Condition Wash every 4 days

PRODUCTS
* Super 10 en 1--as deep conditioner
* Keracare Foam Wrap Set Lotion--as wet leave in
* Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner--as wet leave in
* QP Elasta Recovery Moisutrizer--as leave in once hair is dry
* BB Ultra Lite--to protect ends and new growth
* QP Elasta Mango Butter--to moisturize ends before roller setting nightly
* DRC 28 every month for 1 year--for strength

Eat lots of protein, take my vitamins, roller set each night & be patient.

Last edited:
wash 1x week (sat or sun).
Use a tsp of either CON ultramoisturizing or Kenra moisturizing poo, mix with about 1/4cup water and squirt on hair to wash.

wk 1: condition with either Kenra moisturizing cond, or mizani moisturefuse. shower cap on for 20mins.

wk 2: deep cond with mizani Hydrafuse.

week3: same as week 1.

week4: deep cond with mizani kerafuse deep protein trtmnt. add a dab of hydrafuse.

Same drying method each week. Add a dab of kenra cond or VO5, mix with water and squirt on length/ends. apply NTM silk touch creme leave-in. apply NTM serum. blowdry using med heat on ends, and hi heat on length. spay a light amount of mizani shyne sheen spray.

either flatiron once and wear straight for the week. Or steam roller every 3 days. wear curly for 2 days and 3rd day wear a curly updo or ponytail.

in morning, apply UBH creme moisturizer to length/ends, or sometimes EQP recovery oil moisturizer. then style. At nite, spritz wit UBH watery moisturizer (or sometimes the creme moisturizer, if it's almost time to wash again) and mizani shyne sheen spray.

so far this is working well for me....but i just bought some keracare humecto and i just may purchase Nexxus poo/cond...so i may swap things up a bit!!!!

Currently I am still trying to figure mine out. I keep switching products and don't have anything solid written in stone. I am doing the basics:

CW on Wednesday or Thurdays with Aura rinse
Condition with Giovanni 50/50 remoisturizer
Leave in -Giovanni
moisturizers-ORS moisturizing lotion & EQP Mango Butter.
Oils-I mixed peppermint,jojoba,glycerin,avacado,almaond, shea,aloe vera,carrot,growth oil, and apply it over my hair after I moisturizer it.
Roll hair each night and apply Satin Scarf.

Saturday
Shampoo with Aussie 2 +1 shampoo& Cond.
Condition with Generic PM Special Tree Tea Conditioner
deep condition-ORS replenshing pak
leave in-Giovanni
moisturize-ORS moisturizing lotion & EQP Mango Butter
Oils-I mixed peppermint,jojoba,glycerin,avacado,almaond, shea,aloe vera,carrot,growth oil, and apply it over my hair after I moisturizer it.
Roll up hair and apply Satin Scarf.

Alternatives: Clarify sometimes with Suave Clarify Shampoo..Moisturize spritz with peppermint,jojoba,glycerin,avacado,almaond, shea,aloe vera,carrot,growth oil mixed with distilled water on new growth.
moisturize with StaSoFro/SCurl mixed with distilled water. Sometimes Infusim 23 mixed with distilled water.

I know my regimen is a mess.

BUMP!!!!

Ok... my plan is to GO BACK TO WHAT WORKED!

So, my tentative regimen for the new year:

Weekly:

-Pre-shampoo with coconut milk or hot oil treatment when hair feels dry
-Shampoo with Moisturizing shampoo (Rusk Moist) and Lanza Protein Plus

*******when i'm getting far into the relaxer stretch, I'll probably use a more moisturizing shampoo, maybe CantuShea or jeez... even CON :look:

-Protein conditioner with Motions CPR
-Deep condition with Queen Helene's Cholesterol or other deep conditioner (Looking for one) + Evoo

- Spray hair with Infusium 23 (mixed with Rosemary EO and rosewater) and Placenta
- Put Rusk Smoother on hair and comb through

-Roller-set hair with Placenta
-Once dry, moisturize with Motions Oil Moisturizer

Bi-weekly:

-Co-wash with Daily Defense Tender Apple and/or Suave Humectant
-Oil hair with olive oil
-Smooth into a bun or airdry in braids

Daily:

-Moisturize hair, if needed with Motions oil moisturizer
-If ends feel dry, spritz with water and oil with Evoo
-Tie hair with scarf at night

Products:

-Rusk Moist shampoo, Lanza Protein Plus, Rusk Conditioner, Rusk Smoother, Infusium 23, Placenta, Queen Helene's Cholesterol, Motions CPR, Motions oil moisturizer, EVOO, DDTA, Suave Humectant

-- I do not want to overdry my hair this upcoming year... I dont want to use the Suave Clarifying anymore... I'd rather use something natural, with less chemicals, like putting baking soda in my regular shampoo.
--I will do more rollersets b/c airdrying isnt working for me these days
--I will brush sometimes and even blowdry sometimes, at the most, once a month.
-- I will take my two multivitamins every day, and maybe throw in an extra pill
-- I will exercise more often (3x a week or more)
-- I will let my hair breathe b/c the more it suphocates (i.e low or no manipulation) it BREAKS!
-- I will go back to drinking more water

Well when I'm not in braids, my regimen is as follows:

1. I wash once a week with CON shampoo.
2. I deep condition weekly for 40-60 minutes and the conditioner is mixed with honey.
3. Then I use porosity control as my final rinse/conditioner.
4. I then apply a leave-in and some hair moisturizer and I air dry in a bun.
5. I then randomly do conditioner washes throughout the week, and I keep my hair in a bun. I plan on straightening only once a month when I'm not in a protective style (braids, weaves). But to be honest I don't even want to see the length of my hair. I don't want to be discouraged, protective styles are good for me because I don't stress over my hair.
6. Oh yeah, and I'll be applying mtg 2x a week.

I follow Carolyn Gray's regimen to a T and I added some things also.

Here it is:

Wash/deep condition every 3 days alternating between a moisturizing conditioner and a light protein treatment. (to keep the moisture/protein balance)

Products I use:

Motions CPR-light protein
Aubrey Organics GPB-light protein
Fantasia aloe/vitamin anti-breakage moisturizing cream
Aphgohee-2 min keratin-light protein
ORS hair mayonaise-protein
Keracare humecto conditioner
Cream of Nature Shampoo-green bottle
Cream of Nature Nourishing conditioner-purple and white bottle
NTM silk touch leave in
NTM daily shampoo
NTM daily conditioner
NTM hair mask
NTM healing shine serum
Profective healthy ends and Elasta qp mango
Kemi oyl or Coconut Oil to seal my ends
Leklair olive oil cholesterol-deep condition sometimes with this
Queen Helen cholesterol-deep condition sometimes with this
Lustrasilk (sp) shea butter cholesterol-deep condition with this sometimes
Profective Megagrowth lotion-moisiturizer
Vitapointe cream headress-moisturizer
Scurl-moisturizer
Rusk smoother-leave in
Cream of Nature Oil moisturizer-use this for two weeks after I relax my hair
My own ponytail with the ends baggied 24/7 (my everyday hairstyle)

I rotate all these products on a weekly basis.

I recently ordered Dabur Vatika Coconut Hair Oil and Dabur Alma hair because I want to start doing prepoos and these oils are said to make your hair stronger and shiny and continue taking my vitamins:)

Last edited:
Back