• Tailbone

Votes: 75 6.2%
  • Classic

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Longer than Classic

Votes: 12 1.0%

• Total voters

Lucia

Ok updating I'm liking hip-bone length a lot, I might stop there and maintain and get it all evened up and that's also my next milestone length, we'll see.
Ladies a lot of us need to update with a new post on this thread cause I'm looking at siggy's and people have already met and passed there goals in some cases.
:pop:
:pop: ...I'm still waiting for those updates

charmtreese

My goal length is BSL, however I am not putting any growth limitations on my hair. As long as it will grow I will try my darnedest to retain the length.

BlackDiamond21

I choose WL b/c I think it is beautiful to see AA women who's hair, whether relaxed or natural, made it that far. :grin:

I don't see a lot of AA women with hair like that, espically where I grew up in the Midwest :nono:.

If I do see a woman of color with that length it has been a weave, a wig or she is of a mixed race (meaning one of her parents or grandparents are not AA). I would like to be a living testament that AA women can do this; it is possible without supplementing the length with hair that didn't grow from the pores in our head :drunk:.

Sidebar - I found out a lady at my current job thought when I first started I was either Dominican (I get that alot out here in NYC) and that is why my hair was so long (BSL) or that I was AA and I had tracks in. Oddly enuf she is Puerto Rican :rolleyes:!

angelgrl135

I picked Midback(straightened) b/c I'm guessing with shrinkage that will put me in put me in between sl and apl which is my desired curly length.

I'm only 3 months into transition so I can't really tell how severe my shrinkage will be but hopefully I will not have to go to waistlength (straightened) to get my desired curly length b/c i haven't decided if im a waistlength and beyond fan quite yet....

PPGbubbles

I picke BSL because my hair used to be that long once upon a time! and I want to see it at that length again but this time healthy and thick!

CaliDiamond

My goal is to be maybe an inch past shoulder length. I don't really like longer than that for me as I think it looks best. I'm barely 5'3!

newbiemom

BSL...I have extremely thick hair so I think I would be overwhelmed with hair longer than that. Also I am fairly tall so wl is a long way off.

BellaLunie

I chose WL because to me that's very long hair. I'm having fun growing it out and I want to see if I can achieve such a length

Last edited:

Fhrizzball

Full SL unstretched but that will take forever so maybe full SL braid/twist out which will probably take just as long as well.

Soulberry

I'm going for BSL because I always wanted long hair and now since i'm very close to APL why not go for it. I also want to prove to others, we as black women can have very long flowing hair!

ilah

I'm aiming for APL. I had longer hair when I little (before my first relaxer of course) and I loved it, even though it was all tied up in "dookie braids". That and it's kind of forcing myself to take better care of my hair :)

Day Dreamer

Right now my bra strap is kinda in the middle of my back but I picked brastrap lenght because I feel that at that lenght I will be able to maintain it and my hair has never been that lenght so it gonna be a challenge to get there.

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
Full Mid Back. I want that length because though its still "long"...its "manageable" by my standards. Also because I'm only about 5 inches away from full mid back.

LytBrnSuga

My goal is BSL. I've never had hair that long, it always seemed to stop at APL. I think the reason I've always wanted my hair that long is a direct result of my childhood. I can remember seeing pictures of my mother's hair being long and straight when she was a teenager. Even as a little girl I remember she had beautifuly hair with big fluffy curls (permed but still). Being multi-ethnic, I always felt I got the 'short end'of the stick. I don't have the traditional "mixed" hair, mine is much kinkier. So, while my motivation may have been for the wrong reason as a child, now, I just want beautiful, kinky, healthy hair. I am proving a point to my daughters, who's hair is similar to mine in texture that you don't have to wear weave to have long hair.
Sorry if that was wordy, but I think I needed to say it for myself.

LoveLiLi

Lmao, I completely lied in this post, but I didn't mean to. I had just joined and wasn't clear on the lengths. I usually had apl - bsl relaxed hair, not mbl relaxed hair. :spinning:

How time flies, I came here as a permie, then saw all the beautiful heads of natural hair and decided to transition six months later. Now I'm all natural and going for waist-length. :yep:

I'm going for waist-length hair because my hair was that length when I was younger (all natural) and I have yet to reach that length with a relaxer. I'm already at midback and I fluctuate between midback and bra-strap length already, so that's not a real challenge. I'll actually make an effort to take care of my hair with a serious goal.

rinahbaby

My goal is Mid back length because The longest my hair has ever been is bsl..... I like to see myself get to mbl and beyond.....more styling options(IMO) and I always look my best when my hair is longer:yep:....plus, when I wear my wash n go's at mbl, my curls won't shrink all the way up to my ears! I also want to prove that black women can have long, natural hair without having to pay for it. *no offense to those of you who do:look:

Letta

My goal is midback because I want to be close to the length I had when I was little. I was actually waist length but I think at this point in my life thats too much hair for me. I'd actually be pretty happy at armpit which hopefully I'll be at by Thanksgiving. I may stop @ bra strap though but midback would be my ultimate goal.

AnitaTheLengths

My ultimate goal is BSL. My hair is the longest it's ever been at APL but when I wear curly styles and roller sets my hair appears SL. So hopefully with BSL hair my roller sets will fall to APL.