What's wrong with my hair?!

SimpleKomplexity

What coul be the problem. My hair is feeling a little hard. It's not a soft as usual and no matter what deep conditioning treatments I use (Conditioning Balm, Ors, Humecto) my hair is extremely tangled at the ends. I'm scared I'm going to cut all of these ends off now before it gets any worse. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my hair? Needs more moisture?

The problem begun when I was flat ironing it every week for about a month when I didn't feel like doing it and I had stopped sleeping with a satin cap on. I know I know, bad Kris. What can I do to repair?

First, I would definitely Clarify to remove product build up. DC with Heat with a Good Moisturizing DC Treatment.

Use Porosity Control as a Final Conditioning Rinse to close the cuticle and see if that helps and use a good leave-in treatment to help detangle. However, if your ends are severely damaged and/or splitting, you may have to consider a light trim or at the very least a Search & Destroy.:yep:

You may need to clarify it, DC, and do an ACV rinse to control your porosity. HTH :)

Yep, :yep: that is what I was going to say. Xcept for the ACV/porosity thing. That is new to me. . . . going to the LHCF search ------>
-

First, I would definitely Clarify to remove product build up. DC with Heat with a Good Moisturizing DC Treatment.
Use Porosity Control as a Final Conditioning Rinse to close the cuticle and see if that helps and use a good leave-in treatment to help detangle. However, if your ends are severely damaged and/or splitting, you may have to consider a light trim or at the very least a Search & Destroy.:yep:
Exactly what I was gonna say :yep:

Kris, you'd be surprised at how big a difference a light dusting can make

ACV rinse? Hmmm Time to do a search. I feel liek a newbie all over again!! I'm thinking I need a dusting too. My ends are a little thin because of the flat iron :look: A cheap flat iron at that. But that means I need to find soem scissors cuz it's no way in heck I'm going to the shop.I'll b back to ear length asap

ACV rinse? Hmmm Time to do a search. I feel liek a newbie all over again!! I'm thinking I need a dusting too. My ends are a little thin because of the flat iron :look: A cheap flat iron at that. But that means I need to find soem scissors cuz it's no way in heck I'm going to the shop.I'll b back to ear length asap

Good Move. Stay away from Da' Shop:lachen:I think you'll have your problem straightened out with a few quick fixes.

Good Move. Stay away from Da' Shop:lachen:I think you'll have your problem straightened out with a few quick fixes. And please try real hard to leave the flat iron alone for a while too:yep:

:eek2: Okay, I need to break out this smiley :spank:

Cause you know you need it!!!

:eek2: Okay, I need to break out this smiley :spank:

Cause you know you need it!!!

But tiffers!! That Andis flat iron witht eh painted on "ceramic" plates is like...heaven :giggle. It gets sooo hott and gets my roots oh so straight. I LOVE IT. lol I'm thinkin about getting my hair put in braids and just raidin it up until August. Whatever the outcome I'm tryna not have ANY direct heat until September

But tiffers!! That Andis flat iron witht eh painted on "ceramic" plates is like...heaven :giggle. It gets sooo hott and gets my roots oh so straight. I LOVE IT. lol I'm thinkin about getting my hair put in braids and just raidin it up until August. Whatever the outcome I'm tryna not have ANY direct heat until September

Well SK - (since Tiffers not here right now) If You are Serious -- you need to join the "No Heat Challenge.":lachen:

I am in that Challenge, and I am volunteering my services to help you make it until September..... so.......what'da ya say????:grin::look:

Okay, you need another :spank: for tryna come up with excuses and using painted on ceramic plates! :lachen:

Did you at least a heat protectant? You better say yes or you'll get another whoopin! :lol:

It sounds like you either have build up or need a protein treatment and also possibly a trim. Good luck :up:

I'm cosigning with everyone else. I would get a trim b/c those ends tangling are not the business:nono:. Clarify to rid the hair and scalp of buildup. And since you went a little buck wild with the flat iron, a light protein treatment would help to strengthen the hair. Follow that up with good ole moisture DCs and fall back on the flat iron. Clarifying and porosity are two forgotten and underestimated steps in hair care, imo.

Okay, you need another :spank: for tryna come up with excuses and using painted on ceramic plates! :lachen:

Did you at least a heat protectant? You better say yes or you'll get another whoopin! :lol:

Heat protectant? :look: lool I seriously need to buy a good heat protectant. I don't use the flat iron enough to buy one... I wanted to buy that CHI heat protectant, but then I found it isn't really a true heat protectant :(

Back