what's up with that?!?

butta

what\'s up with that?!?

well i have a friend who's hair is beautiful and long. it's about 2 inches past her shoulders now and she just started taking care of it. the thing is she goes to the salon every week to get a doobie (wrap) or her roots blown out at the dominican salon. she uses heat ALOT. whenever she washes her hair she blowdries it then flatirons and she sumtimes flat irons at night before she wraps it. when she gets relaxers she doesn't go by the time on the box, she lets it sit till it starts to tingle or burn and also smooths it well over the already relaxed part. she also wears her hair out ALOT. about 90% of the time she wears it down. she doesn't do HALF the things i do to try and keep my hair healthy yet her hair is a thousand times better. whats up with that? it kinda makes me think no matter what i do my hair is just never going to be healthy.

bitesized79

Re: what\'s up with that?!?

Aaawww. Don't get discouraged. Try to work with what you got and take care of your hair the best you can. That way, you know that you have done your best and have no regrets, regardless of what your friends hair is like. Besides, I'm sure there are plenty of ladies out there that admire your hair too!

amy1234

I think its ok to use heat on the hair to maintain healthy hair.As long as the hair is clean and the heat doesn't cause any damage.

SVT

[ QUOTE ]
curlybun said:
I think its ok to use heat on the hair to maintain healthy hair.As long as the hair is clean and the heat doesn't cause any damage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Styling with heat is definitely an acquired skill.

so1913

[ QUOTE ]
SVT said:
[ QUOTE ]
curlybun said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA. You have to LEARN how to make it work for you and not abuse it, which is what most of us do without realizing it.

butta

[ QUOTE ]
so1913 said:
[ QUOTE ]
SVT said:
[ QUOTE ]
curlybun said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA. You have to LEARN how to make it work for you and not abuse it, which is what most of us do without realizing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

but i thought alot of heat was bad, or at least heat w/o protecting your hair?

bitesized - thanks for the encouragement