What's my boyfriend's hair type?(pics)

Piscesgirl718

What's my boyfriend's hair type?**UPDATE**

My boyfriend wanted me to ask you guys what his hair type was. He's trying to grow an afro :lachen:. I'm not sure id his hair is long enough yet to be able to tell. Anyway, here are the pics:

Last edited:

lovelymissyoli

He's going to have to grow it out a little more in order to determine his hair type. However, I don't think it should matter because he's a male and his hair will grow into a fro no matter what his hair type is (3 or 4).

Piscesgirl718

This thread is cute!:yep: I'm not sure, maybe he should ask again in 2-3 weeks?

Lol, yeah I think it's cute too. He likes to look over my shoulder sometimes and read some of the posts. Maybe I should make a regimen for him. That would be too funny :lachen:. Thanks ladies!

darkangel25

He's going to have to grow it out a little more in order to determine his hair type. However, I don't think it should matter because he's a male and his hair will grow into a fro no matter what his hair type is (3 or 4).

That's cute. Lol

I agree with the bolded though, I can't tell what type it is just yet.

kelkel

we think its cute now but if his hair starts growing faster then ours you know we all will be mad.:grin:

graCeful_89

Lol, yeah I think it's cute too. He likes to look over my shoulder sometimes and read some of the posts. Maybe I should make a regimen for him. That would be too funny :lachen:. Thanks ladies!

Lol aww hes too cute for that! Yeah he needs a few more weeks. You must be doing something right with your hair to get him interested like that!

Piscesgirl718

Okay, let's try this again :grin:. It has been about 3 weeks since I posted this. Is this 3b or 4a or both? Here are some updated pics:

Piscesgirl718

I agree. I'm jealous. His nape is growing faster than mine. Is he using any growth aids?:grin:

No, he doesn't use any growth aides, vitamins, or anything. Also, he has the worst diet in the world lol. He really doesn't do anything to his hair. The only time it really gets handled is when I do experiments on it. I'm transitioning and since his hair is already natural, I use him as practice to get ready for my own natural hair :lachen:. He's my guinea pig lol :yep:. I try out products and techniques on him so that when I BC I'll at least have some kind of clue on how to work with natural hair.

d-rock

No, he doesn't use any growth aides, vitamins, or anything. Also, he has the worst diet in the world lol. He really doesn't do anything to his hair. The only time it really gets handled is when I do experiments on it. I'm transitioning and since his hair is already natural, I use him as practice to get ready for my own natural hair :lachen:. He's my guinea pig lol :yep:. I try out products and techniques on him so that when I BC I'll at least have some kind of clue on how to work with natural hair.

That's a good idea! I should do that with my SO. lol

Mestiza

What a cute thread! :drunk:

His curls look like they are in line w/ type 3c because of the diameter. He has pretty hair! :rosebud: Is he planning to join you at MBL? If he joined LHCF, then he could possibly become the first male FOTM. :)

Napp

Ms. Nobody
it looks like my bros head when he needs a haircut. What ever it is it definitely had fro like tendencies:yep: