Whats in? Middle Part or Part to the side

Shell4624

Getting another sew in weave. The last week (on week 8) had a part to the left side. But I'm thinking maybe a part down the middle next time.

Which do you prefer to rock? Why?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i only do side parts or partless. middle parts just look retarded on me.

when i do curly weave i prefer partless.

when straight,side part.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
for me:
longer hair (shoulder and below): middle part
shorter hair (above shoulder):side swoop.
it just depends. when i weave it up, i like to have enough hair left out so i can switch my parts if i want to. :yep:

Dommo

It depends on your face shape. I hate middle parts on me(makes my face look too wide) unless you have swoops on both sides. I only do side parts or slightly off center for a "change"

sylver2

is this just for weaves or real hair? i love my middle part easier to keep and nah i don't look retarded :lol:

Aireen

A LOT of people are doing a side part but personally I think that when someone does a middle part it's a nice change. Middle parts were in before but now people think you need to have a certain type of face to pull it off and I'm just thinking, "Huh? No you don't... :rolleyes:"

EbonyCPrincess

great question, i used to live and die by the side part but for the past 6 months or so I've been wearing my real hair mainly center parted and for my new sew-in i have a center part.

MsChelle

I prefer a side part. I am TALL and have long face and think middle parts make my face look even longer. So I always do a side part.

InchHighPrivateEye

I've been rocking side parts ever since the late 90's and Aaliyah came on the scene :look:

I do think middle parts look nice if there's enough hair/the hair is styled right to pull it off. I think I may try a middle part next time I get a touchup, but middle parts are indimidating for some reason.

Nonie

Who cares what's in? Do what looks good on you.

*Nonie walks away mumbling under her breath: I wish fashion would just die and people just did what they wanted*

kittikat24

I used to do side parts all the time (when relaxed) but now that I'm natural (plus my hair has quite a bit of volume) a middle part looks way better and neat.
When I try to do a side part it just doesn't flow, because my hair doesn't fall in that direction :ohwell:

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
A side part is what i used to do when i was still perming other than that i do side swoop bangs because now i do full sew-ins when i do get a weave.

reeko43

I stopped with the middle parts after about 3rd or 4th grade. Middle parts do not look right on every face shape. OP I think you should get what looks good on you. I don't think that there is a particular part that is "in".

iri9109

for weaves i prefer side parts...not because its in, but because a middle part is so permanent with a weave...i when i had a straight weave i left enough out to to all both and with my curly weave i could probably do different side parts, but i wore it mostly pushed back...on my own natural hair i usually dont part my hair, i just let it fall into whichever wat it wants, but i've been doing the middle part for a couple of days and i like it..it makes my hair look bigger.

danysedai

I was going to post that. In my case, I have a huge Tyra Banks forehead so no middle parts for me, it just doesn't look flattering.

GulfCoastChica

So funny you started this thread because I just got my sew-in last night and I got a middle part. I have been wearing a side part for years and was extremely bored with it. I wanted a different look. I was afraid because I have a big head :lol: but my husband seems to REALLY like it. He keeps saying out of nowhere how much he likes my hair without me fishing or anything. I guess he was tired of the side part too. :lachen:

hannan

I looooooove a middle part on me. Side parts look incredibly awkward unless I place them just a little eency weency bit off center. Then again, it's pretty much a middle one. :lol:

I am also particular to the diagonal part.

Aviah

I prefer a side part. I am TALL and have long face and think middle parts make my face look even longer. So I always do a side part.

I have a long face too, center parts make it look that little bit longer. Most times I do a side part, but sometimes I don't care and go for the middle.

GreenEyedJen

I looooooove a middle part on me. Side parts look incredibly awkward unless I place them just a little eency weency bit off center. Then again, it's pretty much a middle one. :lol:

I am also particular to the diagonal part.

I've worn diagonal parts since about '97. My fave of all time. The one time I had a middle part was my first and last weave.

I almost always prefer side parts on everyone else. Middle parts look '70's to me.

mEmYSELFaNDj

I usually do middle parts. But due to some breakage I started wearing side parts and I like it. It seems like most people(celebs) have been wearing side parts.

Shell4624

So funny you started this thread because I just got my sew-in last night and I got a middle part. I have been wearing a side part for years and was extremely bored with it. I wanted a different look. I was afraid because I have a big head :lol: but my husband seems to REALLY like it. He keeps saying out of nowhere how much he likes my hair without me fishing or anything. I guess he was tired of the side part too. :lachen:

I'm excited for you.. Post a pic!!!!

Lita

I have a middle part for now! But,I have a bang too....

*Do whatever works for you...

Happy Hair Growing!

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I do side part on the left or a slightly off center part (I have a widow's peak so it would look weird if it straight down the middle.)