What type is my mother's hair?

SleepyJean

My mom can grow her hair from SL to BSL in a year without trying. I've always wanted hair like hers, but I digress. Her hair is really somewhat straight. It has big waves, and her hair can never be the cotton ball type. She's gotten presses her whole life. My air-dried hair looks like her air-dried, and I'm relaxed! She can't get a straight air dry, though. She has WAY too much volume, so gravity really has no effect on her hair when air-dried even if it's a roller set. lol. She just has big waves. What do you think she is? I'm sorry I have no pictures at the moment, but she refuses to let me take a picture of her hair and post it online without a press. lol.

Last edited:
Your mother has pretty amazing hair if she can grow from SL to BSL in a year with constant pressing. However, you have to take into account that she has always pressed her hair, and that can alter the texture. I know people who have pressed their hair all their lives whose type sounds like your mother's...so you can't be sure of her natural hair type based on how it looks now. But it sounds like maybe a mix of type 2 and 3

cmw45

Hmmmmm...according to that site I'm a 3...I've always claimed 4a I think I'ma keep on claiming.