What to do?

BMoreFlyy

One of my friends asked me this question, now I'm asking you all. She wants to know what you can do for fine, thin, soft hair to thicken it.

Thanks in advance.

Dolapo

i "used" to have thin hair with fine individual strands. but ive been taking biotin and my newgrowth is thicker. and the individual strand circumference has also increased. I just noticed the difference and hopefully, my hair will continue to grwo this way. i have been taking 5000mcg of biotin

kizzylonghair

I HAD the same problem, the first thing to tell her is that it will not happen over nite or by taking a pill, or using a hair product when she feels like it.

CONSISTANCY is key. Does she need to get rid of the ends by a good cut!!

Get her taking vitamins as suggested, also if her hair is breaking will automatically appear thinner. There are loads of regimes she could start on to calm that down

Have a look in my album, Or PM me more that happy to share tips as I have been there

I did a big cut and worked really hard. I now have the fullness I wanted.

http://public.fotki.com/kizzylonghair/follow_progress/

Last edited:

Cinnabuns

I have a perm right now and I consider my hair to be very thin. For me I use egg yolks and apply them right to my hair mixed with a ripe avocados and my hair thickens right up along with making it stronger. (use no heat and remember to rinse with cool or cold water). This works for me.

ClassicChic

How does she wear her hair? I would recommend wet sets - rods, roller sets, straw sets, etc. these types of styles gives the hair a fuller look. The added benefit is healther hair, too. Also does she relax her hair? If so maybe she could texurize so that her hair will still have some wave to it to make it look fuller.

BMoreFlyy

Thanks Ladies. She was trying to find something for her grandmother, because this is grans hair profile/type.

LABETT

My was very thin when I first joined the board and I found out my problem combing the relaxer thru my hair thinned it out.
I took B5 for 6 months no improvement until I added Biotin to my regimen.
I started using Nexxus L-Cysteine Treatment followed by a moisturizing conditioner and pre treatment with castor oil 45 min before shampooing.
I also stretch my relaxer to 3 months.

sharee

LABETT said:
My was very thin when I first joined the board and I found out my problem combing the relaxer thru my hair thinned it out.
I took B5 for 6 months no improvement until I added Biotin to my regimen.
I started using Nexxus L-Cysteine Treatment followed by a moisturizing conditioner and pre treatment with castor oil 45 min before shampooing.
I also stretch my relaxer to 3 months.

When I first joined the board, I asked Labett about the same thing. I stopped using a lot of heat. I stopped relaxing, I wear a lot of braidouts, rollersets and twist outs. I also co-sign with Balisi with nexxus products. Also ORS does wonders (temple balm, fertilizing serum and uplifting shampoo). I also agree with the vitamin regimine.

It took about 3 months for me to really notice a difference. I cant find an earlier picture but here is one comparing a 4 month difference. If you look in my profile or in the LHCF gallery you can see the difference. God bless this forum!!! HTH

Attachments

• octfebcompare_edited.JPG
    octfebcompare_edited.JPG
    2 KB · Views: 33