What to do when hair stops responding to moisture

CheerBear

Ok, ever since I tried to retouch my new growth with the lye perm at the end of May, my hair and scalp has been dry with no means of correcting it. I apply all the healthy hair techniques I was using before that worked so well. Yesterday I did a pre treatment with EVOO, I washed with shampoo for relaxed hair, and deep conditioned with some Redken conditoner...I sprayed in some leave in, used a little humectress as a leave in/moisturizer and put some oil in. My hair is beyond crisp today...NOTHING. Something I've also noticed is...my hair never gets WET. It's like everything sits on top. I clarified just in case....still..you can see the beads of water just chilling on my hair.

Tracy

As to your hair - I think you probably need to clarify again - just to be sure. When was the the last time you did it before you did it this last time? Maybe try using baking soda to get a real deep down clean....

Your SCALP may just be reacting to sodium hydroxide if it's not what you're used to. If it continues you may need to swtich back to what was working for you.

Leslie_C

Yeah I think u may need to clarify more. Also, I love humectress as a conditioner, but when I tried it as a leave in or a hairdressing, it made my hair hard.