My Hair + Air & Wind = Possible Moisture??

lovelymissyoli

Is it possible for my hair to stay moisturized if it (along with my ends) is exposed to air on a daily basis? Currently I keep my hair in a perm rod style. I’ve noticed that after 5 days of wearing the style my hair tends to get a little dry. I’ve cut down on washing my hair (1x a week) due to the fact that I don’t want to ruin my style. Anyways, when I take the perm rods out my hair it is very well moisturized due to the fact that when I roll my hair I spray a leave-in treatment, setting lotion (diluted with water), and a moisturizer concoction made up of Olive Oil, Fantasia IC leave-in scalp & hair treatment, and jojoba oil. My hair and ends look great for a period of time and then after a few days it begins to look dry. Yesterday I shampooed and deep conditioned and curled it once more but I’m wondering if leaving it exposed is damaging on my hair or if there are products out there that I can use to keep my hair moisturized in the meantime. Any advice would be helpful…

SherryLove

Hey...this is an excerpt from an article on www.hairoil.com.
This is why i resorted to doing the baggie method, and now my ends look great. i do not even need a trim, and the last time i trimmed them was in june of this year...

THE MAIN REASON FOR DRY HAIR
You’ll notice that after you trim your hair, the ends seem dry again almost immediately! You’d think it was because of too much heat or blow-drying or maybe a bad perm. Although these treatments can sometimes dry out your hair, they only happen occasionally. The process that happens everyday, drying out your hair is...exposure to the air!

Yes, something that simple can be sapping your hair of life. Think for a moment; air dries your laundry, it cracks your house paint, it chaps your lips, it ashes your skin; it’s a serious drying agent. And when you wear you hair down regularly, air dries out your hair too. The movement of your hair against your clothing can dry your ends even more; and when ends get dry, they break off.

Picture an ear of corn with the husk on it. Did you ever notice how awful the silk looks that’s hanging on the outside of husk? But if you peel the husk down, the silk is soft, shiny and in excellent condition. The only difference is that the top silk has been exposed to the air, while the silk inside the husk has not. Air can cause damage to your hair. Our Oil for the Hair is a light daily application of protection against dryness that adds a gorgeous shine and allows the hair to remain clean feeling. It’s nice.

Carlie

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible for my hair to stay moisturized if it (along with my ends) is exposed to air on a daily basis?

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/nono.gif ...maybe unless you had a jherri curl..or some kind of dry curl drenched w. SCurl...w. a just in case bottle in your bag... /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

lovelymissyoli

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible for my hair to stay moisturized if it (along with my ends) is exposed to air on a daily basis?

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/nono.gif ...maybe unless you had a jherri curl..or some kind of dry curl drenched w. SCurl...w. a just in case bottle in your bag... /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you know...that just might work....j/k! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif I guess I'll just stick to giving my self deep conditions in between the style.