What to do 5 minutes before a touch up

gn1g

I read a book several years ago written by a hair salon owner, and she was also a Trichologist.

I believe she said to oil your scalp with evoo and sit under a dry for 5 minutes prior to getting a relaxer. Seems like she also added something to her perms. Does any one else remember the book and or her advice?

morehairplease

gn1g said:
I read a book several years ago written by a hair salon owner, and she was also a Trichologist.

I believe she said to oil your scalp with evoo and sit under a dry for 5 minutes prior to getting a relaxer. Seems like she also added something to her perms. Does any one else remember the book and or her advice?

hi gn1g,

by chance was her name Lisa Akbari? If it is, this site may have the info you are looking for it no one comes along: http://www.lisaakbari.com/

hths,
tishee

LadyZ

Besides putting some cheap grease on my scalp... I put a light coating of conditioner on the hair shaft.........

chiprecious

I do think we should throughly oil our scalps with a oil the night before and then also base the scalp prior to the relaxer. However I would never suggest sitting under a warm dryer. That would open the pores and your might burn easier. I have heard of people using a cool dryer to close the pores though if you might have been sweating prior to the relaxer.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
chiprecious said:
I do think we should throughly oil our scalps with a oil the night before and then also base the scalp prior to the relaxer. However I would never suggest sitting under a warm dryer. That would open the pores and your might burn easier. I have heard of people using a cool dryer to close the pores though if you might have been sweating prior to the relaxer.

This is what my stylist does. After being based, I sit under a cool dryer for about 15 minutes. I've never had scalp burns with her. HTH!!

gn1g

tishee said:
hi gn1g,

by chance was her name Lisa Akbari? If it is, this site may have the info you are looking for it no one comes along: http://www.lisaakbari.com/

hths,
tishee

No that's not her. She had a beauty salon in Texas, with a huge clientel. I thought her name was Sherry or Sharon.

SvelteVelvet

I'm going to second COOL setting on the dryer. The purpose is to close your pores. Hot air will defeat this purpose.