What the heck- my crown

Aviah

But I just measured with a tape measure and the back of my head, sides, and crown are about 10.5-11 inches.:blush:

It seems since my transition my layers have not caught up- or have they?
I had a hair CUT from about 2" to APL to about midneck in Summer 2008. At that time the crown was about 2 inches shorter than the back. Now its about the same all around:spinning:.
Is my crown slow? Or is the back of my head quick?
Seeing as the crown was about 2" from my nape 2 years ago and now its just about SL/CBL (both seem kinda the same to me:ohwell:)

I don't know what to do with this thing anymore, I just wanna MN it every second of the day and forget the rest of the scalp, but my growth seems to have stalled this year... Its just REALLY slow!

Ms_CoCo37

I'm going throught the same thing with my crown. Some times I think it'll never catch up with the rest of my hair...but then again, when I did my BC last August, I kind of went willy nilly and just grabbed handfuls and cut.:look:

ms.blue

I have the ssme problem & I believe even though I want to be full apl, I don't think it would happen. When I was relaxed, I would get it cut to make my hair even but my hair never stayed even, the natural layers always took over. So now I don't fight w/ nature.

hair4romheaven

the crown is the highest point of your head so it may seem like its growing slow but it may not be it just takes longer to catch up.
hope that makes sense.

Aviah

Yeah I can see that its the highest, still it shouldn't have such a difference between the crown and back of hair. I may just lave to let nature do what it does like Ms.Blue says...

Still I will try to let it even up somewhat when I reach my final goal...

Vintageglam

I think this stands to reason in the winter months when the folds of your nape are more protected than your crown from the dry weather so its constantly moist there as opposed to the crown which is more exposed and probably why your crown has slowed down. Come summer I am sure it will all even out. There was another poster who also recently noticed this. I am sure it has to do with blood supply as well.

Half of my head grows MUCH faster than the other, is thicker and is healthier. This also applies to my skin and I mentioned it to the woman who does my facials and she explained that its all to do with the heart/ liver and the way blood pumps around the body. On one side its oxygenated and the other when its traveling back it becomes de-oxygenated.

Aviah

Stellagirl the Summer/Winter thing may seem to slow my grown in the crown, but its been this way for years. Maybe the Summer's just not long enough in the UK?

Vintageglam

Stellagirl the Summer/Winter thing may seem to slow my grown in the crown, but its been this way for years. Maybe the Summer's just not long enough in the UK?

I so know what you mean :lol:

I mean all 4 days of it in the middle of july. :lachen:

Also forgot to mention that slowed / thinning growth in the crown is also a sign of hormonal imbalances. Not sure if this applies to you but just thought I'd throw it out there....

PPGbubbles

I have accepted that I will always have a layered look....Its just the way my hair grows.

I dont think you should fight it, just work with the way your hair naturally grows