Growing out my crown.. help!

celiabug

So for 4 years ive been wearing my hair pulled back in a bun 95% of the time and my crown has broken off sooooo bad. About 4 inches of my crown area is thick the last 6 inches is super thin! It doesnt taper down its like day and night difference from the top to the bottom. I dont know what to do or where to start! Can someone help or point me in the right direction? ?

You can continue to bun imho but move it around! Wear it on TOP, to the side, etc. Also if the length disparity bothers you so much then trim a little or a lot until you're satisfied.

i wear my bun in the back with a part in the middle of my head. i don't pull my hair all back. i remember that happened to me years ago wearing a phony pony with the comb. jacked my crown up!.

the best thing you can do is baby that area. are you bunning your hair wet? if so, stop it. if you did do that, get a protein treatment to strengthen that area. start giving yourself scalp massages. too. move your bun around and don't bun too tight. use plastic hair pins and spin pins to secure your bun. don't wear your bun at night. twist your hair up in the back or do two big twists with a part down the middle.

i wear my bun in the back with a part in the middle of my head. i don't pull my hair all back. i remember that happened to me years ago wearing a phony pony with the comb. jacked my crown up!.

the best thing you can do is baby that area. are you bunning your hair wet? if so, stop it. if you did do that, get a protein treatment to strengthen that area. start giving yourself scalp massages. too. move your bun around and don't bun too tight. use plastic hair pins and spin pins to secure your bun. don't wear your bun at night. twist your hair up in the back or do two big twists with a part down the middle.

I have been wet Bunning for the longest. Im pretty sure thats one of my biggest problems. And would u suggest I cut the ends off since there is such a huge difference from the top?

You can continue to bun imho but move it around! Wear it on TOP, to the side, etc. Also if the length disparity bothers you so much then trim a little or a lot until you're satisfied.

Oh I didnt see u said to trim it. I might just have too because its sooo thin on the ends.

Back