what the heck is going on?? *pix*

L.Brown1114

does/did anyone else have this problem? i have straight ends!! i thought it wa leftover relaxed hair sense i just BC's but after a cut off a straight end its back after moisturizing!!:wallbash: they aren't straight until my hair is wet or moisturized. when its dry they blend in with the rest of my hair. is this bad?? does this mean something??

005.jpg

004-3.jpg

my hair does this too left over relaxed ends is my prob, if you use heat regularly it could be the result of heat damage.

There are a few ladies on this site who have the same situation. Their hair is curly or wavy and then for some reason there are straight sections of hair.

Yes, but those are the ends it could still be relaxed ends that you have not snipped off yet.

If it's not heat damage and it's not relaxed ends, you may be one of us that has 2 or more different textures in your hair.

I definately have those, but it cant be relaxed hair because i transitioned for about 3 months then shaved it all off to a fade, i have never used heat either. I think that it is just a looser curl and more fine strands, if your hair is like mine and a lot of other people on this board you have multiple textures on your head. Mine have grown out and curl more than they did when i first big chopped.

hth

Yep I had the same problem when I did the BC. I then cut my hair again only to find out it was the texture.

Unfortunately, even some "natural" strands can be straight...Honestly, I think that I have 4 different textures in my head ranging from straight to 4b coily...That is the nature of the natural beast...

i have those too. its not relaxed hair on me, its just really fine, loosely curled hair. i made the mistake of thinking they were relaxed hairs and cut some of them off like 2 weeks after my official bc. now i know thats just the way they are, since those spots where i cut are significantly shorter than the rest of my hair. :wallbash:

its probably just a looser curl pattern It wont curl up until it gets a bit longer.

I have 2 patches on my mostly 4a head of hair that grows out in what seems to be a 3a pattern ( :spinning: ) and it seems to grow out completely straight until I do a long stretch and then it grows out and curls a bit.

My hair is pretty straight on the ends. I do not have any heat damage. The longer my hair gets, the straighter it gets on the ends.

Yup, got 'em. Get accused of still relaxing my hair-even though they all saw my little twists when I BC'ed...cannot convince those who are not natural and do not know what their true textures are that it's quite common:ohwell:.

Back