What should I do with my hair at night?

futureapl

Hi everyone! I am having a serious hair dilemma. Originally I was wrapping my hair then covering it with a silk scarf when I went to bed at night. After years of doing this, I began to notice that my temples were becoming super sensitive. I tried switching the direction that I would wrap my hair and that did not help. Lately I have been wearing my hair in a loose bun to sleep. Now, I am noticing that the hair on the back of my head is beginning to thin. I have been using castor oil to combat this but I have not seen any difference. Please help.

crazytrish75

Are you knotting your scarf in the back? I had trouble with my nape breaking and thinning for years before I finally realized that the way i knot my scarf in the back of the head and also how tight I tied it was the culprit. My nape is slowly recovering since I have loosened the scarf and switch up the location of the knot every night. HTH!

VeggieMonster

Maybe trying flexirods would help? I used to use those when I my hair was relaxed. It's easy and would my hair body and curls

Dposh167

u probably just need to ease the pressure off. Try sectioning your hair in pigtails or quarters. You can do 1 big pin curl in each section if you want to.

I alter. i do 2 high loose pigtails...quarters....2 cornrows down each side

NIN4eva

I used to do satin braidouts, but I decided to try satin bantu knots for a looser curl. It worked out great. Now at night I moisturize, seal the smooth it all back and make one big satin bantu knot (almost low at the nape but not quite). I've been doing a for a few months and I've had no breakage or tension issues. It's enough easy to adjust when if it's too tight at first. the tie down my edges with another piece of satin. I'm loving this so far. To secure it I'll just clip the end of the satin with a barrette or use a scrunchie.

westNDNbeauty

These are all great suggestions. I think these ladies have covered all the options.

pin curls. plaits. cornrows. curlers. bun.

Those are all options I utilize.

BostonMaria

I do one bun and secure it with two long bobby pins. When my hair is curly I do a high pineapple, loose ponytail.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

kinkycurlygurl

I used to do satin braidouts, but I decided to try satin bantu knots for a looser curl. It worked out great. Now at night I moisturize, seal the smooth it all back and make one big satin bantu knot (almost low at the nape but not quite). I've been doing a for a few months and I've had no breakage or tension issues. It's enough easy to adjust when if it's too tight at first. the tie down my edges with another piece of satin. I'm loving this so far. To secure it I'll just clip the end of the satin with a barrette or use a scrunchie.

NIN4eva Wow, you sound like you even go to sleep looking cute. You go girl!:gorgeous:

AltheaGarden

Same thing happened to me! The hair at my nape started breaking off so then when I switched the knot to the front. Unfortunately I started getting headaches and it just felt weird. Now I just pin my hair down or put it in three loose ponytails and use a satin bonnet or just a satin pillow case.