What products make you feel "polished?"

A_Christian

What products make you feel "polished;" You know how some products make you feel like you have that extra "umph" before you leave the house. :grin: What are yours?

Right now mine are Design Essentials Botanical Oils because this product makes my hair shine something serious. I also get that extra pep in my step :pulpdance: from Decca Plus Scalp Therapy; It is very moisturizing and has this sweet fragrance that makes me feel extra ready to go out, Like I
have more vavavavoom :lol:.

It's alsmost October and I'm ready to go on a product junkie binge, all product pushas are welcome!

Aw... this is a cute thread you started ;-)

Uh, let's see... I'd have to say Dabur Amla Oil Gold - nice scent (to me!) and just the right amount of shine and "look at her hair..." hair ;-) ...if that makes sense!

Oooh, I'm glad to hear that dcprdiva! I have the Amla Gold but I haven't used enough of it to tell how well it will work on my hair. I bought it back in August and only used a little as soon as I opened the package, then put it back on the shelf to try some other stuff. This was after a long day of product junkie bingeing, lol. I hope it will work as well for me as it does for you!

Aveda Universal Styling Cream-
HE Dangerously Straight
Organix Vanilla Silk Serum
Hairveda Whipped Jelly

I have to get my hands on some of the Organix Vanilla products too! I've read on here that they smell really good. Good smelling products are a part of the "vavavavoom!" :lol:

Last edited:
Vatika hair oil gives my hair major shine
Avocado butter tames my frizz and moisturizes my hair
Curls Souffle defines my curls, moisturizes my hair and I love the coconut smell, yummy!:lick:

honey suckle rose and vo5 conditioners and mop c-system hydrating conditionergive my hair a nice smell. the honey suckle rose smell lasts until my next wash which i love.

ooh, more yummy smelling products! I bet people can't tell yall nothing when you're getting your hair :pulpdance: on! :lol: And you all have pretty hair. Thanks ladies, I'm adding your recommendations to my shopping list.

I’ve been devoted to my Verifen Complex products for 13 years now, and I'm not ready to give them up permanently.

However, since I stumbled across these hair boards, I’ve been rotating a set of secondary products. I feel as if I’m cheating, but these secondary products are inexpensive and effective.

We’re living in tough economic times, so I have to make adjustments in my style of living.

Last edited:
I don't blame you Barbara, I've been try to cut back on spending myself. That's why I joined the "buy nothing in September challenege." Unfortunately my product junkie ways have gotten the best of me :lol: and I'm about to treat myself to some new products in October. One of the things I love about the board is that alot of the ladies have found great products that are pretty inexpensive, smell good, and work effectively and/or products that are expensive but come in gallon sizes etc. so that they're more economical.

Kerastase Noctogenist is lovely - it's an overnight leave in treatment. If I smooth some on at night, the next morning my hair is like silk, simply gorgeous!

Last edited:
i really wanted to try this.
how is it overall?

It has given me flawless braidouts. Well, at least in my eyes :eye: . And, the smell is delicious too.

MyHoneyChild Butter Creme is also good for braidouts. It's heavier, but it works well. Oleo Creme and MHC ButterCreme are my 2 favourites!

Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage serum is so lovely. I smooth it on and it makes my hair smells delicious and it smooths my fly-aways. Also Victoria So Sexy leave-in cream is nice. I like to put on freshly rollerset hair, it smells like heaven.

Back