what is the real reason?

IMO you can wash your after 24 hours of having a relaxer, most ppl don't but should to at least put protein back in their hair after having a harsh chemical in your hair that makes your hair weak and causes damage. After I get my relaxers I wait 24 hours and then wash and have never had a problem with my hair.

As far as daily washing this is another thing. I don't wash my hair daily :nono: but will wash it at least 3x a week b/c I don't feel like going around with hair and most of the times I'm to tired to do so.

Now because of different races have different texture it tends to be more dry but ppl need to keep in mind WATER is NOT drying, it's shampoos that cause hair to be more drying and other various products we tend to use on our hair. IMO african american can wash their hair jsut as much as any other race as long as we aren't using drying products such as shampoos and maintaining balance of protein & moisture as well POROSITY (this can play a huge role):yep:

But to each their own! :grin:

When I get a relaxer I always wash my hair again when I get home (usually two hours later). I hate that straight look I get right after a relaxer. Washing my hair gives it more body (I also neutralize for at least 5 minutes to make sure all the relaxer residue is out of my hair).

Years ago I would only wash my hair once per week, and it was always very dry. I only washed once per week, because, that's what all the women in my family did.

I started washing my hair every other day after hearing Oprah's hairstylist say that not washing more often is the reason why some black women have dry hair. Washing more often has made my hair healthier.

Back