What is the number one Protective style of all time?

Used2Bbald

I have worn many protective styles, but they were not always effective. I created this post to get some feedback about the protective styles that were most effective for you. I am looking for a protective style that will allow me to moisturize and cleanse my hair on a daily basis. Which protective style gave you access to your hair(to moisturize and cleanse) and resulted in tremendous growth for you?

sunnieb

BUNS!!! :)

Styles are limitless and your ends are 100% protected.

Sent from my Comet using Long Hair Care Forum App

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Co-signing with those who have said buns... The bun is a quick and easy low-manipulation style!

Last edited:

Fine 4s

I'll take braids for $20,000 Alex!
Any style where the hair is compact and seperated (individual with no added hair btw) such as plaits, twists, single strands etc. etc. etc.
Buns and weaves can create more harm than good if not done carefully and I can't think of something going bad with plaits...maybe if they're too tight or too small?

Last edited:

Missjae09

For those (like me) who are wondering what a UPA clip is:
The UPA Clip is an Undetectable Ponytail Attachment

itismehmmkay

buns........ all you need

It's just getting to a bun length that takes so long.

Right now I wash nightly and rollerset and airdry overnight. I wear some faux-updos w/ clips during the day. If I can maintain and not cut my hair! I hope to be at a length long enough for a real bun by the end of this year. I really just need 6 more inches and I'll be good.

miss stress

So is a UPA a fake ponytail that you can clip in?!?

No u dont clip it in. Its like 2 wefts of hair, sewn on to a beautiful barette that u attach to your ponytail sandwiching your hair in the middle and it totally looks legit that way like it could b comming from your scalp. Waay better than a drawstring pony in my opinion and it took me from a thin lifeless nl to almost full apl in 2 yrs Check em out on laceflair.com

lexxi

Kinky twist you spray with witch hazel I heard to cleanse scalp n its easy to moisturize and oil your scalp and if you learn to do them you can control how tight they are and redo your self

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I love the loose bun. I have no tension or tightness. Braids always pulled and weighed down my hair(extensions I mean). I always like braid outs with my hair.

Nonie

All you guys explaining what a UPA is, why not post a picture instead? It's quicker and way clearer IMO.

Here's the website with a vid showing how it works folks: http://laceflair.com/

I agree with buns and weaves being awesome protective styles. Braids are protective if we're talking cornrows, otherwise they're just low mani styles if we're talking singles. Of course in all cases, you can't have too much tension or traction alopecia becomes an issue.

Last edited:

toinette

Tricking the president
omg i have never heard if this UPA clip but it looks pretty amazing. do they have natural hair UPA clips?

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Hmmmmmm ... that UPA clip looks interesting. If they had one that looked like a natural curly puff, I would actually consider it.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I come to know about the UPA clip sometime last year. The cost always made me change my mind.

ETA: I love bunning.