what is the main difference between a weave that

mstankers

looks real and a weave that looks horribly fake? I am asking because I think Tamala Jones and Jada Pinkett have really nice looking weaves. I see women on the street as well as some celebs (Lil Kim and Foxy Brown) who have HORRIBLE looking weaves. Is it the type of human hair purchased or is it the weave technician that sets apart a good weave from a bad weave? Thanks for answering in advance!

OnlyChild

- the type of hair that you use
- the technique (fusion, sewn in, glued/bonded); some techniques may look and feel more "real" even though they are not as healthy for the hair
- how long the weave has been in (the longer the weave has been in the fake hair tends to matte, get frizzy, etc.)

mstankers

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
OnlyChild said:
- the technique (fusion, sewn in, glued/bonded); some techniques may look and feel more "real" even though they are not as healthy for the hair
- how long the weave has been in (the longer the weave has been in the fake hair tends to matte, get frizzy, etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Onlychild. What is a fusion weave (I was told those are expensive). Isnt glue/bonded bad for the hair? How long should weaved hair be kept in? I want mines for May and June and maybe July if that is possible. I want something different and fun

ngaa

i hed its only healthy to keep weaves in for about a month coz the hair underneath (the hair in cornrows) gets loose and dry and u need to have it renewed if u want it to look real

and yes glued weaves are very bad for the hair even tho they look real wen put in and go ahead and have one put in coz wen put in the right way (glueless) they are a great way to change yo hair-style and save yo hair from styling stress and als encourage a lot of hair growth, i dont kno how it happens but they seem to be helpin the ladies here get more growth than usual

OnlyChild

mstankers said:
OnlyChild said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Onlychild. What is a fusion weave (I was told those are expensive). Isnt glue/bonded bad for the hair? How long should weaved hair be kept in? I want mines for May and June and maybe July if that is possible. I want something different and fun

[/ QUOTE ]

A fusion weave is basically when the hair extensions are put in strand by strand. Little pieces of extensions are glued directly to the hair strand with a glue gun/compressor thingie (don't know the name of it). A lot of celebrities sport this style. It can cost anywhere from $800 to over $2000. It is not healthy for the hair. When you take it out, you end up losing a lot of your own hair. There is a thread that discusses the dangers of a specific type of fusion weave called Great Lengths Extensions.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=Women&amp;Number=57481&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=all&amp;vc=1

You are right, glued/bonded is bad for the hair.

I have kept a weave in for two months without any adverse side effects.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=Women&amp;Number=45014&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=all&amp;vc=1